Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early style door end caps who needs them $24 a set
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Just like the late end caps these were needed, so I'm making them. They will be ready in about 3 weeks and will run $24 a set (both left and right) in rubber in the pre-buy.

I really feel the rubber is a much nicer finished product, so unless there is demand for the plastic, I don't see the point in going that route.

I will also have some more early style items coming very soon too. In fact they should be ready before these, but we'll see.

Just add you response to the thread and I'll let you know the specifics when they're ready to start shipping.
DEC
Mark,
I'm in for 5 sets of the early style end caps
Mr Pharmacist
1 set for me please
914dave
I'll take a set.
nsr-jamie
Hi, count me in for one set please!!
Gint
I definitely need a set.
Scott S
I am in for two sets!!!
smontanaro
Sorry to be a dunce, but where do these go? Does someone have a picture?

Thx,

Skip
DEC
Sorry no pic yet
They are placed at the end of the outer door window seal.

These are different to the later style from 73-76 and NLA,
so I'm happy that Mark make them.

beerchug.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Mar 22 2010, 05:51 PM) *

Sorry to be a dunce, but where do these go? Does someone have a picture?

Thx,

Skip

Right here
rktmn247
I'm in for one set. Thanks!
PanelBilly
I need a set and my car is a 73, so is that early or late
brp986s
1 set for me - thx
cobra94563
Do you make/sell the late models ones too? If you do, I'll take a set.
Mikey914
QUOTE(cobra94563 @ Mar 23 2010, 09:15 PM) *

Late style are in production $14.50 a set for plastic, $19.00 for rubber.
I personally like the rubber, but both work. Check out my other thread for more details

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=end+caps
smontanaro
Hmmm... Still unsure where I would find them. I guess inside the door near the back. I'm not about to fumble around in the garage at 6am, nor am I willing to take my door apart to tell if I have them or not. Put me down for a pair...

Skip
JRust
I just paypaled you for a set Mark. I'll also get the early cap off to you tommorow. Thanks biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
Mine are on the car and they are awesome! A must have if yours are falling apart....
Mikey914
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Mar 24 2010, 04:09 AM) *

Hmmm... Still unsure where I would find them. I guess inside the door near the back. I'm not about to fumble around in the garage at 6am, nor am I willing to take my door apart to tell if I have them or not. Put me down for a pair...

Skip

Just look at the door top closest to the handle. If there's a hole there, that't where these go.
tradisrad
I can use a set also. Have these been produced yet?
cobra94563
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 23 2010, 11:57 PM) *

QUOTE(cobra94563 @ Mar 23 2010, 09:15 PM) *

Late style are in production $14.50 a set for plastic, $19.00 for rubber.
I personally like the rubber, but both work. Check out my other thread for more details

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=end+caps

what is your paypal address?
zig-n-zag
I'm in for a set.
stepuptotheMike
I need a set please.

Mike
76er
Mike, I'll take a set for a later model (76) in rubber. Please pm me pay pal info.
Thanks,
Rick
zx-niner
I think I committed to these in an earlier posting. I'll definitely take a set.
76er
Received my late model rubber end caps yesterday. Great stuff, Thanks Mark
jsaum
I'll take one set. Glad to see this part come up I was contemplating having a mold built to make them.

Jsaum
anderssj
I need at least one set (pair)--will check the other car this weekend and will let you know about a second set.

Thanks for doing these!

Steve A-
Kansas 914
I need a set for my '72. I received the late model set last week - thanks!
DEC
any news?
Mikey914
Up date on these. First parts will be ready after WCR May 18th is, with production that week. I will not collect any money on these until I've got my first article in hand (with pictures posted). I would have later this next week, but I'm taking off 3 days for WCR.
rekphiv
Which style do I need if I have an early 73? Late style regulator but no door reinforcement.
McMark
I would have later this next week, but I'm taking off 3 days for WCR.

aktion035.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(rekphiv @ May 7 2010, 12:13 PM) *

Which style do I need if I have an early 73? Late style regulator but no door reinforcement.

Easiest way to tell is look at the end of the doors. If there are screw holes, they're late. With the late regulator I suspect it's late also.
DEC
Hi Mark,
What's status of the end caps?

I need them to finish my car.

Mikey914
Should be done in about 2 weeks, maybe less. Just reworking the part of the dies on the edges.

-mark
Mikey914
These are FINALLY done!!!!
Below are the pictures of the first parts.

I also learned why these were so hard to find in one piece (See below).

Mikey914
More pics-
Mikey914
Apparently one of the reasons the edges seem to be all broken out on most of the examples I could find what the sheet metal at the edge toward the front (on the side with the long lower track-inside) is often bent. You can see the edge of the metal is not straight. When I tried to fit I noticed it didn't quite fit, but I could push it down. Until, it started to crack out the edge, then, it fit.

Moral of the story, you may need to straighten the sheet metal where they fit.

Mikey914
More
Mikey914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 1 2010, 08:03 AM) *

Should be done in about 2 weeks, maybe less. Just reworking the part of the dies on the edges.

-mark

And 2 weeks to the day!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.