Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spotted a white 914 in York PA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
I was on my way to Lowes in east york when i spotted a white 914 parked off industrial way, top off and it was bueatiful. it was a 1.8 and the front and rear valences were gloss black to match the rockers. it had the original l-jet intact and the interior was awesome. I was not the only person stopping to take a look, a lady on her cell phone was talking to someone and she said "a bueatiful 944 parked outside" lol-2.gif So i had to correct her.

as i was taking a picture the owner came outside a talked to me for a bit, his name was Dan and he was a very nice guy. I dont believe he is a member here but i told him about the sight. He also has a blue 73 in the works. I told him about the hershey caravan and he said SURE.

welcome.png

i will send a link to this thread to him.
VaccaRabite
Hey Dan, should you choose to pop in here for a bit, the other York area owners say hi.

I've seen your car around a few times. Waved once, but I was on a bike, not in my 914, so I did not expect a wave back.

Anyway, I hope to see you around!

Zach
jsayre914
i just noticed that the plate is historic, wich means inspection exempt, but the inspection stickers are on the windscreen. idea.gif interesting
VaccaRabite
You have your tags wrong, Joe.
Historic tags still need to be inspected annually. You don't need the emissions inspection if your car is older then 1974. if it is 75+, it needs to be inspected like any other car.

Antique tags do not need to be inspected, but have more draconian rules attached to them.

Zach
zymurgist
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 22 2010, 12:54 PM) *

Antique tags do not need to be inspected, but have more draconian rules attached to them.

No shit.

USE OF ANTIQUE AND CLASSIC REGISTRATION PLATES

The use of antique and classic plates is governed by Section 1340 of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code which states: “It is unlawful for any person to operate a motorcycle or vehicle with antique and classic registration plates for general daily transportation. Permitted use shall be limited to participation in club activities, exhibits, tours, parades, occasional transportation and similar uses.” Occasional transportation and similar uses is defined as one day a week.
jsayre914
dosnt look like dan dropped in yet, but he just sent me a nice pic of another car he is working on drooley.gif

saigon71
Excellent - another local Teener owner (X2). Those are some sharp looking cars!

jsayre914
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Mar 23 2010, 10:24 AM) *

are you sure you dont know this guy?

he mentioned a friend in dillsburg that had a barn with about 10 914's in it, also a few flat six motors laying around. I actually thought it was you.
jsayre914
Dan sent me a few more pics of this car OMG

but still no dan here on the world, come on guys we need to encourage this guy biggrin.gif stirthepot.gif
RJMII
oh wow, that is a nice looking car!
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 23 2010, 08:33 AM) *

QUOTE(saigon71 @ Mar 23 2010, 10:24 AM) *

are you sure you dont know this guy?

he mentioned a friend in dillsburg that had a barn with about 10 914's in it, also a few flat six motors laying around. I actually thought it was you.

We all know the friend has to be Steve at Aircooled Racing.
zymurgist
QUOTE(RJMII @ Mar 24 2010, 09:08 PM) *

oh wow, that is a nice looking car!

agree.gif
VaccaRabite
I have been thinking the same as Spraggi.

This has Aircooled Racing all over it. Fantastic looking car!

Zach
camaroz1985
I'll ask Steve if he had a hand in this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.