Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found my Buddy & He still has his 70 914/4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Tom_T
Okay, so I was finally able to track down my buddy with the Red/Black 1970 914/4 which he bought new, and he still has it. I haven't seen it since the early 90's before he moved up north then back east for awhile, but he's back in "The OC" now/again.

Other than his original dealer optioned wood dash face & turned aluminum footrest plate(s), and a recent disk changer added to the glovebox & new speakers fitted into the stock housings, and an engine overhaul - I think it's otherwise as stock.

Jer's nickname was "Mr. Perfect" (read - in every way), & he always kept his baby in the garage & looking showroom new inside & out. Geez - you could eat off the fuel tank spill basin & engine! So he's a perfectly anal candidate for the CW crowd! biggrin.gif

IIRC - he bought a Yellow `70 Datsun pick-up (not Nissan) for a daily driver at about the same time as he got the 914 (or shortly thereafter), so he could keep the 914 as a rarely driven garage queen! I think he even required prospective girlfriends to go on 2-3 dates before they saw the 914! laugh.gif

I mentioned it as a prime candidate for "The Few, the rare..." & hopefully he'll get around to taking pix & post it. .... are you reading this Jer!? .... hint, hint! biggrin.gif

I've told him about the world, WCR & local PCA OCR events - so maybe he'll get on here & also come out to the Local PCA OCR Porsches & Doughnuts, etc. He may also make it to G&R next month.

If I know in advance that he's coming, then I'll post something here in O&H for the local Teeners to come out & see a well preserved original first year /4. ... we can also try to overwhelm the tail-dragger crowd that time with a good 914 turn out.

While he has an almost perfectly preserved 914/4 - I think he can also benefit from the advice & encouragement of the CW crowd here.

Likewise, guys like Paul will have another original 70 to chum with! biggrin.gif

Keep an eye out for a post from a Newbie with a Red 70 914/4 from OC ..... blink.gif
Tom_T
Update - his 70 914 has 62,000 +/- miles
davep
Do you happen to know the VIN? A PM is fine for that. I'm very interested in the 1969 builds.
Tom_T
QUOTE(davep @ Mar 23 2010, 09:44 AM) *

Do you happen to know the VIN? A PM is fine for that. I'm very interested in the 1969 builds.

Dave -

I don't have anything yet & am coaxing him to get 'er detailed up & out for PCA & world stuff, as well as posting pix here. I'll try to have a camera with me whenever I see it in person again, if he's okay with me posting info./pix.

I don't even recall if it was an early or late 70 MY, since I didn't meet him until 76-77, plus at our age - we gotz da half-zymerz - even if I did know! blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.