Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone purchased fiberglass parts from Showcars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ventedrib
I was just wondering if anybody has gotten anything from them and what the quality was like before I order a hood from them. The guy on the phone was super nice and liked to talk. That dont mean they make good stuff.
MDG
I've never heard of these guys before and it looks like they are local to me. I just took a look at their web site and it appears the pics they use for the various 914 items offered have been lifted right from old Mitcom catalogs (and maybe AA)

I'd be leary but maybe someone else will chime in who knows.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(ventedrib @ Mar 22 2010, 03:10 PM) *

I was just wondering if anybody has gotten anything from them and what the quality was like before I order a hood from them. The guy on the phone was super nice and liked to talk. That dont mean they make good stuff.

fiberglass= showcars? No Way
Randal

The problem with poor fitting fiberglass is that you spend a huge amount of time fixing the stuff.

So the first place I go for fiberglass parts is Getty. The CF hood I got was perfect, i.e., it just bolted on. Never disappointed in their quality.

Ask these folks up in Canada for references and check with the people who have bought their 914 stuff, before you buy.
Gigamight
I'm not familiar with their 914 products, but when I was obsessed with another vehicle, they were the only company makings fiberglass parts for us. That was a long time ago, in a forum far far away.

The complaint everyone had about them was the amount of time and money spent getting the parts to fit. For some reason, they can't seem to make the parts the right size. However, they do make parts for cars that nobody (or few companies) else is, so for that I give them credit. They also were known for reasonable prices, and good service.

I give them a thumbs up only if you are comfortable with cutting and splicing fiberglass.
tomeric914
I recently purchased a deep spoiler from www.americaninternationalracing.com

Fits nice, price was reasonable.

I tried contacting showcars via e-mail and phone but received no replies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.