Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying to Identify This Muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dank
Can anyone tell me what muffler/exhaust tip this might be? Thanks!

Click to view attachment
Sleepin
Monza, Manta.....
Jeffs9146
Monza Exhaust Craigslist

Here is one for sale in Salem!
porschecb
QUOTE(dank @ Mar 22 2010, 05:21 PM) *

Click to view attachment

You cover your plate #? What do you do when you drive it?
dank
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Mar 22 2010, 05:37 PM) *

Monza Exhaust Craigslist

Here is one for sale in Salem!

Whoa! Are these standardized across all 914s (wondering if I could throw this CL one on a '73 2.0 as is).
dank
QUOTE(porschecb @ Mar 22 2010, 05:51 PM) *

Click to view attachment

You cover your plate #? What do you do when you drive it?

Ha, no, I found the pic off the net (not my car). Figured the owner didn't want their plate number floating around so I blurred it out.
dank
ok sorry for the dumb question, but how do you guys know it's not something like a Triad with Monza dual-outlet tips attached on each side?
dr914@autoatlanta.com

Click to view attachment

ansa definitely.
jt914-6
agree.gif
Ansa....The red stripe near the tips gives it away.....much better than a Monza....
championgt1
QUOTE(dank @ Mar 22 2010, 06:19 PM) *

ok sorry for the dumb question, but how do you guys know it's not something like a Triad with Monza dual-outlet tips attached on each side?

I would hope that no one would ever try to put those tips on a Triad!
dank
Any recommendations where I can find that ANSA online? What do they go for new?
Jeffs9146
Whoa! Are these standardized across all 914s (wondering if I could throw this CL one on a '73 2.0 as is).

You could use it on a 2.0 but the 1.8 exchangers would have to be used! Not as free flowing as the 2.0 exchangers!
Cap'n Krusty
Why would you ever want one of those on your car? Heavy, loud, ugly, they reduce ground clearance, put a big load on the brackets, and their design promotes early rust out of the pipes. Other than that, they're fine.

The Cap'n
flipb
I know this is a rather poke.gif subject, but is there a thread somewhere that lists all of the common exhaust/muffler configurations for a 914 with some explanation of the relative differences between them?

My '74 2.0 came from the PO with Monza/Manta - I'm pretty happy with it so far, a little loud and perhaps ridiculous that my quad exhaust tips probably have larger volume than the cylinders they expirate... but I just don't have a good grasp for my other options.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Mar 22 2010, 07:35 PM) *

agree.gif
Ansa....The red stripe near the tips gives it away.....much better than a Monza....

I agree the premier four tip muffler out there.
IronHillRestorations
I call those cut and cauterize, cause that's what they do to your shins.
buhs914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 23 2010, 07:08 AM) *

Why would you ever want one of those on your car? Heavy, loud, ugly, they reduce ground clearance, put a big load on the brackets, and their design promotes early rust out of the pipes. Other than that, they're fine.

The Cap'n

So you would recommend this exhaust then? poke.gif lol joking.
SirAndy
IPB Image
jt914-6
If you don't mind a little loud....I've always liked the Bursch.....
dank
QUOTE(flipb @ Mar 23 2010, 07:44 AM) *

I know this is a rather poke.gif subject, but is there a thread somewhere that lists all of the common exhaust/muffler configurations for a 914 with some explanation of the relative differences between them?

Yeah that'd help me out tons too...there's just so much information spread across so many threads across at least 4 websites. Would be cool if there was something like the 'Originality and History' subforum but focusing on current options for everything as opposed to how Pat's documenting historically stock configurations in Originality/History. But I'm new here so this was probably discussed before (but my independent searching isn't turning anything up) headbang.gif
DanT
there are several configurations....some have the mufflers leaning, some have them laying flat and others have the standing up straight...

like this one that will be on my '75 for at least a while until I find a good stock 2.0L muffler I want to do something special with.
this one had a lot of surface rust when I got it....little media blast and a little paint and here is what I got.. smile.gif
Frost
I think i have that muffler.
Joe Bob
They come pre-rusted from the factory. POS is a kind word. Give it the float test.
914 Monster
Has anyone ever seen or used this kind of exhaust? it looks just like an ansa but of more high quality I guess. http://www.z-art.biz/exhaustsystems/536653...8403/index.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.