Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's a good price for Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
What should I be paying for a set of 4 Fuchs? 2-7x15 & 2-8X15 Thanks, Mark
campbellcj
It all comes down to condition. A really nice set will likely be north of $1000. What people call "track grade" i.e. curb rash and crappy finish, somewhat less, but the 8's are holding their value if not actually going up these days...

I have some super nice ones here that I am not currently using but am going to hang onto them for a while in case a suitable project lands in my garage.

IPB Image
campbellcj
Keep an eye on the Pelican 911 parts classifieds. There are Fuchs there all day long, but the decent deals sell FAST (sometimes 10-15 minutes).
Tom_T
agree.gif
Also in TheSamba.com under both wheels & Porsche parts classifieds.
carr914
I think 8"s are going to go up in price. A lot of 914's are being Flared. They were once an odd size, but now HSR has said that racers can run 8"s on the front of 911s. We all know what happens when then the 911 guys go crazy.

T.C.
carr914
Also, Make Sure you are Buying Real Fuchs. Go by the Part #. There are too many replicas out there and some DAPOs don't know a fake or real.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
tomeric914
You may want to consider 16x7 and 16x8. Performance tire choices are diminishing in both 15 inch sizes. 16 inch have marginally better tire choices.

A pair of 16x7 Fuchs in good condition are $300-350

A pair of 16x8 Fuchs in good condition are triple that

A pair of 16x9 Fuchs... just aren't worth it because 245 rubber fits perfect on a 16x8 rim.

Also be careful with the offset on 16x8. You specifically want 911 offset for the 16x8 on a flared car.

If you're not going to track the car, you can find a set of 4 repro-Fuchs on eBay for less than $600. They are heavier than original Fuchs. There's a lot of energy around pressure vs gravity cast rims.

You could also go 16x8 phone dials. A set of 16x8 and 16x7 early offset (pre-1985) phone dials go for around $500.
mepstein
Ebay has a nice set that just needs some polishing for 1,100 + 220 shipping. I'd like to buy a set from someone who will sell for less but If that's the going rate...
Shipping is higher than I'd like. I would rather have them already polished so I don't spend even more money shipping them around.
kconway
Contact Alex Magro at Magro Wheel. He advertises on The Samba and has reasonable prices. He's on your side of the country so shipping should be reasonable.

http://www.magrowheels.com/Wheelsforsale.html
mepstein
Good tip. Thanks, mark
jt914-6
QUOTE(kconway @ Mar 23 2010, 02:23 PM) *

Contact Alex Magro at Magro Wheel. He advertises on The Samba and has reasonable prices. He's on your side of the country so shipping should be reasonable.

http://www.magrowheels.com/Wheelsforsale.html

agree.gif
I bought a set of polished 7 & 8 X 15 Fuchs from him in Dec. Also a set of polished caps with hand painted crest. (the 8's came from Carr914) Was really pleased with wheels/finish.....my $.02

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Alex was not in and there are no prices on his site. Can you PM me with price they sell for?
campbellcj
The advice about tires is a good point. I've been using my 16's for the track and am thinking about going to 17's (w/ Fuchs centers) after flares. However I think decent 15" street tires will be around for some time if race rubber is not a concern.
kconway
Look here --> http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...s-8-x-15-a.html

It's just a single pair and they are chromed so priced accrodingly.
PeeGreen 914
I bought a full set of 8's from him fully polished for $1200 four years ago. That was the total price shipped to me.
mepstein
He's gone up a bit but not too much.

Should have bought an already done flared car. One on ebay just went for 16K with a brand new Raby turn-key 170hp motor. Pieceing this together is getting $!
kconway
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 24 2010, 09:58 AM) *

Should have bought an already done flared car. One on ebay just went for 16K with a brand new Raby turn-key 170hp motor. Pieceing this together is getting $!

You did see he dropped his price on that pair to $450 right? That would be a price decrease.
PeeGreen 914

I know where you can find a nice one for about the same poke.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 24 2010, 01:20 PM) *

I know where you can find a nice one for about the same poke.gif

I know smile.gif but I already started with Scotty B and I want steel flares. But I'm sure it would probably cost you asking price x 2 to duplicate your car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.