Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 5-lug conversion....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
KaptKaos
I had planned on doing a 5-lug conversion. I have the wheels (15x6 fuchs, now for sale) and the front struts, calipers, etc...

Turns out that the front struts are actually 914-6 struts per the part number.

I cleaned them up and rattle canned them, so they're not original, but are they any more or less valuable than similar 911 struts? I think I paid $325 + shipping for the whole shebang (struts, calipers, hubs).

I want to sell them, and I don't want to price them too high or too low.

Thanks in advance.

mepstein
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Mar 23 2010, 01:27 AM) *

I had planned on doing a 5-lug conversion. I have the wheels (15x6 fuchs, now for sale) and the front struts, calipers, etc...

I cleaned them up and rattle canned them, so they're not original, but are they any more or less valuable than similar 911 struts? I think I paid $325 + shipping for the whole shebang (struts, calipers, hubs).

Thanks in advance.

I would like to buy them as long as they fit. Please send me pics and detailed description, caliper type, parts inc.. I am looking to buy parts for a 5 lug conversion. Need to be the 3" struts so I can use my Bilstein inserts. Thanks, Mark Mark@MarkEpstein.net
Eric_Shea
I had a pair a few years back I sold for around $300 so you're in the ballpark.

That would be a good fit for Mark's transformation. Mark, calipers should be M-Calipers.

The struts are exactly the same as a 911T strut with just a different part number. So far we have't seen any premiums for the 914.351 part number. I don't think we will either.

Hope that helps.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 23 2010, 03:55 AM) *

Thanks in advance.

I would like to buy them as long as they fit. Please send me pics and detailed description, caliper type, parts inc.. I am looking to buy parts for a 5 lug conversion. Need to be the 3" struts so I can use my Bilstein inserts. Thanks, Mark Mark@MarkEpstein.net

I'll dig them out tonight and send pix Mark. Thanks.
bob
It the sale falls through for any reason.. I'll take them..

-bob
mepstein
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Mar 23 2010, 11:23 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 23 2010, 03:55 AM) *

Thanks in advance.

I'll dig them out tonight and send pix Mark. Thanks.

Great. Thank you, Mark

Have any parts for the rear?
JFJ914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 23 2010, 06:55 AM) *

Need to be the 3" struts so I can use my Bilstein inserts. Thanks, Mark Mark@MarkEpstein.net

I was under the impression that an insert that fits the 914 strut will also fit a 911 3" and 3.5" strut. I thought the only difference was valving. Am I wrong? I've got SC 3.5" struts w/ A calipers and KYB's and want to change to Bilstein or Koni.
Root_Werks
I thought 914-6 struts were actually different than 911 "M" struts? Yes, same calipers, but I looked at them side by side once and the 914-6 spindle sat a little higher up the strut than on the 911 strut. Why stamp a different part number on it if it isn't different?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.