Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - '73 914 2.0 in Northern MD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
electricnixon
Car has beens old. Thanks for all the interest!

I had my car on a 'wanted' post, but figured it was time for it to have its own thread.

I'll do my best on the rundown. I haven't spent as much time as I should learning everything there is to know 914.

Of numerous 914's I considered buying over the years, it was by far the cleanest. Car was restored in the early 90's. Very minor rust- none that I've found is cancerous- small spots at the corners of the windshield/hood meeting place. Small nick on hood, probably some odds and ends I'm missing. Battery box is intact. To the best of my knowledge, the car has spent at least the last 17 years garaged. I've owned it 4 years. It has not seen rain since I've owned it (4 years). Car is repainted. Not amazing paint, but IMHO good. Paint on rear posts (normally vinyl covered) is cracked from flexing a bit. I have the vinyl kit for those, but never installed it.

What it needs- not currently running. I've been tied up with other hobbies/projects and haven't worked too hard to diagnose (not knowing everything 914 creeping in). Car turns over freely, generally runs for ~10 seconds, and quits. Ran fine when parked last year. Needs some bushings- trailing arm to be precise. Top could use a repaint.

Overall IMHO, an excellent driver after minimal work, and a very nice looker with not much more. Car always turns heads when I drive it. Tires are nearly new Summimoto's- matching spare wheel/tire. Clear MD Title, and currently tagged historic in MD.

I'm glad to answer any specific questions people have. I've also posted some more pix on photobucket. I don't NEED to sell the car, but If I did I'd like it to go to someone who'll appreciate it. May consider trades- possibly motorcycles/who knows what. Cash price is $2500.

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll76/electricnixon/914/
mepstein
What year, motor, trans, ect? Thanks, mark

Sorry, didn't read the title. Duh.
ghuff
Can I come look at the car sometime between thursday and sunday? smile.gif

I am very interested.
patrick3000
pm sent
electricnixon
More pictures posted

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll76/electricnixon/914/

Pardon the crappy photography...low light and no room to get good shots.
electricnixon
QUOTE(ghuff @ Mar 23 2010, 09:59 AM) *

Can I come look at the car sometime between thursday and sunday? smile.gif

I am very interested.

Assuming it's here, I'll be home Thursday/Friday evening, and can find time on the weekend.
914rat
Where in Maryland are you?
electricnixon
QUOTE(914rat @ Mar 25 2010, 12:42 PM) *

Where in Maryland are you?

North East (the Town and geography)
porsche1026
still available?
electricnixon
QUOTE(porsche1026 @ Mar 28 2010, 11:59 AM) *

still available?

Car is still available. I'll update the post when it's sold.

thanks!

Ryan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.