Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: California Festival of Speed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
The California Festival of Speed is being held on April 9-11 at the Auto Club Speedway (formerly the California Speedway) in Fontana. This is a fabulous weekend of PCA Club Racing which brings some of the finest Porsche racers you’ll find anywhere. Teams like Greg Franz’s Pirelli Cup, James Sofronas with his Global Motorsports Group who last year ran the 24 Hours at Dayton, Kevin Buckler’s The Racers Group and Loren Beggs and 911 Design as well as many others. The American Le Mans Series is the only other series that comes close to this quality of Porsche racing.
In addition to the fabulous Club Racing, there are Time Trials, a Concours d’ Elegance, Vendor’s Row, Car Corrals, Festival Goodie Store and lunchtime Track Tours. We are again looking forward to Porsche Cars North America hosting an autocross style test drive opportunity.
We are also again having lunch time Track Tours which allow everyone an opportunity to drive the actual track (at parade lap speed). Whether it is in a Porsche or in the family station wagon with the family, everyone with a valid driver’s license is allowed on the track at the noon time break for a lap or two for $20.00 a car.
We are also making up corrals of like Porsches so contact us and we will let you know what is happening with your Porsche model. Or, if you belong to a club or group and would like to come together we will exempt the $10.00 parking fee for groups of 20 cars or more. We will be making up corrals on Saturday and Sunday. We are looking for all Porsche Registries and Special Interest groups - you are invited to make up a corral contact SuesanWay@pobox.com

The Festival relies on volunteer workers and will be again this year.
It is a small jump from attending to volunteering to work a 4-hour shift while at the event and volunteers don’t pay parking.

There is no entrance fee – just the $10.00 parking fee.

If you would like to participate or to get more information, please contact

SuesanWay@pobox.com
sean_v8_914
this event is HUGE!!! major drool factor
sean_v8_914
amazing Porsches of all types
sean_v8_914
several 914s come to this. 914s that I dont normally see around. is anyone here coming up saturday?
jim_hoyland
Maybe.
sean_v8_914
icon_bump.gif
ta-da
Elliot Cannon
I'll see you on Saturday. bye1.gif
silver74insocal
piratenanner.gif this is minutes from my house!! see you guys there
sean_v8_914
I promise there will be mind blowing Porsche creations there to see...including my 1600# AX killer whith its epic power plant. 120 screamin ponies working in perfect harmony
I'll see you all there on Sat... I plan on taking my 911 around the track during 'lunch ' time..just for kicks...
I'm also attempting to volunteer to work the PCNA 'TEST' DRIVES Sat morning too.

smile.gif

ps Still waiting for confirmation on volunteering sad.gif They read my emails - but have not responded as yet - been three days now:(
sean_v8_914
vroom!
sean_v8_914
gvj
jim_hoyland
Pic of the 914s lining up for the parade laps back in 2008; our guide let us fly. I think we had to have 20 cars pre-registered to get our own laps.
sean_v8_914
yes. if we could get 20 to commit I can get us a free group run and a parking corral.
20 peeps to call me on this....cmon, I dare ya.
silver74insocal
icon_bump.gif
so only 3 or 4 teeners then?
sean_v8_914
yup.
Elliot Cannon
Lots of cool cars at this event. Some fun racing and maybe a chance to drive the track yourself. If you're in So Cal you gotta go to this event. If you like club racing you won't be disappointed.
Cheers, Elliot
ahdoman
What day is everybody attending? Some of us can only get a pass for one day of the weekend.
Elliot Cannon
Saturday
sean_v8_914
The California Festival of Speed
The Festival is being held on April 9-11 at the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. This is a fabulous weekend of PCA racing which brings out some of the finest Porsche racers you’ll find anywhere. In addition to the fabulous Club Racing, there are Time Trials, a Concours d’ Elegance, Vendor’s Row, A Festival Goodie Store, Lunchtime Track Tours
And
Car Corrals of like Porsches
Porsche Cars North America is hosting an autocross style driving experience with Porsche Sport Driving School instructors – this fills up fast – come early and sign up.

PCNA is also hosting a Panamera Experience in Pit Row at lunchtime. See a Porsche Dealer on Vendor’s Row for information.

We are also again having lunch time Track Tours which allow everyone an opportunity to drive the actual track (at parade lap speed). Whether it is in a Porsche or in the family station wagon with the family, everyone with a valid driver’s license is allowed on the track at the noon time break for a lap or two for $20.00 a car.
NO entrance fee – just $10.00 for parking

www.info@calfestival.com
EdwardBlume
Man that looks like fun... I would SO be there if I could... mad.gif
sean_v8_914
it's well worth the drive!!!
sean_v8_914
they have good vendor deals too. I bought a leather Porsche boxter belt for $5 and a 550 toy car for $10. the food consession sucks, bring lunch
EdArango
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Mar 26 2010, 07:52 AM) *

several 914s come to this. 914s that I dont normally see around. is anyone here coming up saturday?

Hey Sean,
I'll be driving my 914 to the event on Saturday. I should be there around 9am. You and I have PM'd in the pass on 914club. I hope you get a chance to see my car.

ED
sean_v8_914
I will track you down. post a pic of your car. you have my number, right?
Steve
So who's going? My beast is back off of the scissor lift. driving.gif
I'm shooting for Saturday morning around 9am. Do we have enough cars for a corral?
oz371
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 7 2010, 07:52 PM) *

So who's going? My beast is back off of the scissor lift. driving.gif
I'm shooting for Saturday morning around 9am. Do we have enough cars for a corral?

I am in for Friday or Sunday.
lucky25
first outing for my 73 .I'll be there sat , 9am sounds about right
Lucky25
I'm in for Sat am..signed up to help the PCNA test drive.. then get to do a lunch drive around the track in my 911:)
Hope to see all the 'hot' cars there!
Steve
Who's going?
icon_bump.gif
jim_hoyland
Possibly. Steve, want to caravan out to Fontanaville ?
Steve
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 9 2010, 05:53 PM) *

I'm kind of on the fence between this and Cars and Coffee. Hour drive versus 30 minute drive. I think i'm getting lazy in my old age. LOL
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 9 2010, 05:55 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 9 2010, 05:53 PM) *

I'm kind of on the fence between this and Cars and Coffee. Hour drive versus 30 minute drive. I think i'm getting lazy in my old age. LOL

I hear ya. I'm on the fence too. LM on your VM
bdstone914
B U M P. GO TO THIS RIGHT NOW!
914_teener
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 10 2010, 09:14 AM) *

B U M P. GO TO THIS RIGHT NOW!

JEEZ Bruce never seen you yell before. I driving out to Silverwood Lake today....I'll drop by off the 15.

210 FWY is packed right now?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.