Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decelerates then dies...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Frost
Need some help, ive been doing my research and still no results. At first the car didn't start so i replaced the fuel pump, regulator, relay and fixed the ground then it started right up like a champ. When i went to test drive it i could get it to 3rd then it wouldn't want to go past 3rd and start decelerating with no control. I replaced the coil, since the friend i bought it from told me it was really old, trigger point, condensor, and head temp sensor. Went to test drive it and i could'nt even get out of first before it would start decelerating and die on me, I could drive it for a little bit after i turned the key off and the then start it but same issue after a minute. headbang.gif Im narrowing it down to fuel pressure sensor, what do you guys think?
Kirmizi
Fuel filter? confused24.gif
Mike
tod914
Did you inspect inside the gas tank? Sock clogged?
Zardozz
Sounds like a fuel issue or lack there of. I got $20 on the filter. Who's taking the sock?
flat4tom
QUOTE(Frost @ Mar 23 2010, 01:45 PM) *

Need some help, ive been doing my research and still no results. At first the car didn't start so i replaced the fuel pump, regulator, relay and fixed the ground then it started right up like a champ. When i went to test drive it i could get it to 3rd then it wouldn't want to go past 3rd and start decelerating with no control. I replaced the coil, since the friend i bought it from told me it was really old, trigger point, condensor, and head temp sensor. Went to test drive it and i could'nt even get out of first before it would start decelerating and die on me, I could drive it for a little bit after i turned the key off and the then start it but same issue after a minute. headbang.gif Im narrowing it down to fuel pressure sensor, what do you guys think?

Did you pull the fuel tank and replace the fuel lines under the tank? If so, upon re-installation, one of the fuel lines might have kinked. I just went though this but my car would choke out and decelerate any time I made a turn. The fuel pump was much louder as well while this was happening. Even if not, you might want to take a look at them to be sure they're not kinked 'cause it sounds like one might be.

Just my .02.

Tom
markb
QUOTE(Zardozz @ Mar 23 2010, 02:06 PM) *

Sounds like a fuel issue or lack there of. I got $20 on the filter.

agree.gif
Frost
I replaced the filter and still same problem. I hooked up a pressure gauge and got 25psi then when you rev it the psi would go down and down and down to almost 0, after letting it idle for a little bit it would start to go back up. I'm leaning to a faulty fuel pump even though that was the first thing i replaced.
tod914
Look inside your gas tank and see what's going on. Talking off the fuel filler is quick and easy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.