Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 914 owner & Hello.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
myatt1972
Hi Guys & Girls,
I recently purchased a 911 and a 914, I had not seen a 914 in the flesh before and was blown away. The cars have been stored in a garage for over 20 years so I have lots of work to do to get them back on the road. I will have lots of questions to ask as I get stuck in.
Some pics of the cars.
http://s853.photobucket.com/albums/ab97/my...ick%20up%20day/

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
Keith...

IPB Image
IPB Image
tat2dphreak
welcome.png

2 great looking cars! right section, right website, welcome!
SirAndy
Appears to be a '73 or '74 ... Very nice!

welcome.png Andy
dlee6204
Welcome to the madness! welcome.png Nice looking cars!
jonferns
Great looking teener!

welcome.png
Mary Shortridge
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You will be blown away with all the help this forum will give you! Best of luck with your new cars! welcome.png
Ferg
Cool, looking forward to more pics and the story!

Ferg
Tom_T
Sometimes guys just get too dang lucky! ... you're double lucky with those 2 classics! biggrin.gif welcome.png

Too bad you're stuck on such a small isle, where you can barely stretch their legs without a ferry or Chunnel ride! biggrin.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif
zymurgist
welcome.png

What's the story on the 911? Several of us here own tail draggers too.
Root_Werks
Wow! Very good find!

Ask Q's, we are here to offer our opinions and even help from time to time. biggrin.gif
hcdmueller
Nice cars. I don't remember seeing many early 911's when I was in the UK. I don't think I ever saw a 914. I can't believe you found both in one place.

Is that an E or S 911?
montoya 73 2.0
welcome.png

Nice cars! We need the story on Who, What, Where, Why and how!
plymouth37
welcome.png
myatt1972
Thanks for the warm welcome guys,
The story of the cars goes like this, I have a friend who does house clearance and he called me to say he was clearing a house after the owner had passed away. He told me that there was a 924 and a 911 but when I got there it was apparant that the 924 was in fact a 914! So armed with my jack and my torch I gave both cars a good going over, the 911 had 20k miles on the clock and the 914 has 17k miles on the clock and both seemed very good in all the right places.
After a month of haggling with the solicitors I managed to secure both cars for a good price. I have had the cars for 2 weeks now, the starter on the 911 is off for repair and the 914 is now running, the front brakes and wheel bearings are done and next job is rear brakes then MOT.

More pics,
http://s853.photobucket.com/albums/ab97/my...e%20view%20No2/

Keith...
SirAndy
73 2.0L smilie_pokal.gif
myatt1972
Yeah, both 73 cars and forgot to say there was also a 1958 Silver Cloud at the same place but I didnt dare take 3 cars home!
Keith...
Als914
welcome.png You will find great people here. You will also be amazed at the wealth of knowledge.

Nice find.
Spoke
Nice cars and welcome to the World.

I will be in Milton Keynes in 2 weeks. Are you anywhere close to there?
Gint
welcome.png I added a couple of the pics to your post. Looks great!

BTW - Adding Pictures to Your Post <- link
markb
welcome.png
Elliot Cannon
Great cars. Welcome to the website. I can't believe SirAndy didn't ask for the VIN. (Do cars in the UK have some sort of VIN?)
EdwardBlume
agree.gif agree.gif welcome.png welcome.png

With such low miles, you must be thrilled! You own a museum quality piece!
EdwardBlume
Isn't the steering wheel on the wrong side?
myatt1972
The steering wheel is on the right side, we just drive on the wrong side!
It does have a VIN 4732914976.
Im currently trying to find some flexi brake hoses in the UK, even service parts are a pain to get hold of.
Keith...
Lennies914
beerchug.gif Very nice. Love to hear those stories! aktion035.gif welcome.png
veltror
Keith,

parts are available if you look also have a look at DDK lots of helpful people on there.

the rear hoses are part number 211611775B about 270mm long available from GSFparts or any VW parts supplier e.g. euro carparts justKampers etc.

The front is 281611775B also used on a VW 1303 if i recall correctly. and might have been on a VW Bus also.

Roman
Socalandy
Nice finds welcome.png
tod914
Very nice score! That teener looks to be in amazing original shape!
myatt1972
Thanks guys, she is in good order but needs paint.
Roman, I just had a look at your rustoration and am blown away with your patience and workmanship.
Keith...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.