Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Submarined a Tahoe today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
KELTY360
So much for the new tires I was going to buy. Rear ended a big Tahoe today. Went right under the bumper, barely a scratch on the SUV, but I bunged up my right front sheet metal, etc. barf.gif

I'd been planning on some body and paint work for some time, so it looks like this will force my hand. Hate the idea of being off the road just when the sun is starting to come out. Any of you NW guys need some side work?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The front end already had some slight damage from the PO: bumper tits, hood alignment, etc., so this means I have to finally move ahead with making it into the 914 I've always envisioned. Time to make lemonade.

Gint
Ouch. That's *not* going to rub out.
Daiberl
Oh, not good sad.gif Let me know if you need a helping hand, if you need it painted I can recommend Jerry Mahoney, he did a great job on my car.
PeeGreen 914
I'd love some side work Marc but I don't know if this is beyond my knowledge. We can talk about it and see though smile.gif
aircooledtechguy
D'oh!! Sorry to hear about the accident. I hope you fared better than the car??

On the bright side, the damage doesn't look too bad. I'm no body guy and don't even pretend to be. smile.gif

effutuo101
I may have a new piece you can weld in there. but, it requires a little bit of plasma cutter to get.
r_towle
That sucks.
A good metal guy can hammer and dolly that close to the right shape..try to avoid welding a new piece on....hammer it out if you can.

rich
jonferns
That sucks man, but it doesn't look too bad. Is the hood bent?
RJMII
That really sucks. sad.gif

hopefully it's something Jon can do; he needs to keep his COTM wannabe. poke.gif
Tom
Marc,
Sure sorry to see this. I do, however like your attitude. " now's the time to make it into the 914 you love"
Good luck on fixing this and getting it back on the road.
Tom
URY914
Looks like the bumper cap made it OK. Be thankful for that.
rick 918-S
That sux! I'm not close enough to help but that is repairable. I'm fixing way worse than that right now. If I didn't have a computer crash I would show you photos. The lap top I'm posting from doesn't even have a slot for my camera's flash drive. Watch for my post about area51werks alien autotopsy over the next couple days when I can get my computer back up and running. I have some stark evidence that a dent like that can be fixed.
messix
sad.gif headbang.gif
greenie

I would suggest that you pay attention to your driving driving.gif in the future.

You kid's and all your electronic gizmos are a hazard to us prudent and cautious drivers.

I think it's a total. sawzall-smiley.gif

Learn from this little episode and slow down next time.

KELTY360
QUOTE(greenie @ Mar 23 2010, 05:15 PM) *

I would suggest that you pay attention to your driving driving.gif in the future.

You kid's and all your electronic gizmos are a hazard to us prudent and cautious drivers.

Oh hell, it's no big deal. I've got a spare green one in the other garage that nobody ever drives. I'll just use that one. laugh.gif
porschecb
Mind telling us how that happend?
jmill
That's not bad at all. New hood and some fender work and your all done. Check out my progress thread to see the damage I have in that same corner. Be thankful you dove under and didn't get the headlight bucket and front valance.
Sleepin
There are other ways to get a Chalon conversion done...albiet none probably as quick as that was. blink.gif

Seriously though, that sucks! Make lemonade like you said! wink.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(greenie @ Mar 23 2010, 07:15 PM) *

Umm, I'd be a little bit conservative about this event, since we know nothing of the circumstances. You've already made yourself Judge & Jury, yet we know knothing of the accident.

It's NOT a TOTAL. And the last thing we want is another 914 lost. It's a minor scrape. Easilly fixed.
Chill!
Pat
KELTY360
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Mar 23 2010, 06:29 PM) *

Umm, I'd be a little bit conservative about this event, since we know nothing of the circumstances. You've already made yourself Judge & Jury, yet we know knothing of the accident.

It's NOT a TOTAL. And the last thing we want is another 914 lost. It's a minor scrape. Easilly fixed.
Chill!
Pat

Not to worry Pat. Greenie is just a reactionary who is so excitable that when he farts he thinks he needs a brain tranplant. poke.gif Thanks for sticking up for me though.
jsaum
Ouch! that's not to bad. Let me know if you find someone. Here's where I'm at with my fender I had nothing to lose and only knowledge to gain by pounding mine out. It's amazing now you can get the sheet metal to move. My goal was to get it to the point where I can get the turn signal light back in and get it on the street. I have some really nasty creases in it so it will never look good. Once I get it all back together I plan on finding someone who can splice a good piece back in. Maybe we can get a two fer?

6freak
QUOTE(porschecb @ Mar 23 2010, 06:47 PM) *

Mind telling us how that happend?

I would say failure to stop in time ..pretty cut and dry ...you didnt get hurt thats what matters and its just a car ...you gonna go for pulp free lemonade
Frost
Time for some flares!
PanelBilly
Doesn't look so bad to me. Are you thinking of working on it yourself or just turning it over to someone else?
KELTY360
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Mar 23 2010, 07:11 PM) *

Doesn't look so bad to me. Are you thinking of working on it yourself or just turning it over to someone else?

I'll need to turn it over to someone for the paint and body work. I've got too many other projects and not enough time or expertise.
greenie
kkk

914junkie
That sucks, sorry to hear that happened. sad.gif I have a straight fender and hood you can have for free if you want to pick them up down in Vancouver, WA. PM me if yer interested. Paul S.
greenie
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 23 2010, 05:34 PM) *

Chill!
Pat

Not to worry Pat. Greenie is just a reactionary who is so excitable that when he farts he thinks he needs a brain tranplant. poke.gif Thanks for sticking up for me though.

Pat,

I'll have to disagree with you on this subject.

It's been my misfortune to have driven on numerous occasions with Mr. Kelty360.

The last time out with we had a supposed fun run ( AirCooledTechnologyGuy can vouch for me) this punk kid (Kelty360) was pushing us toward unsafe conditions.

He's does not have the maturity and is to easily distracted by his blutooth, ipods, cell phones etc. to operate in a safe manner.

He's a menace, I''m tired of his ilk giving the rest of us a bad name!

I'm sorry for calling out a member but someone needs to do it!

I say "Ban Kelty360"!!

Sorry if I've offended anyone.

messix
QUOTE(greenie @ Mar 23 2010, 08:42 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 23 2010, 05:34 PM) *

Chill!
Pat

Pat,

I'll have to disagree with you on this subject.

It's been my misfortune to have driven on numerous occasions with Mr. Kelty360.

The last time out with we had a supposed fun run ( AirCooledTechnologyGuy can vouch for me) this punk kid (Kelty360) was pushing us toward unsafe conditions.

He's does not have the maturity and is to easily distracted by his blutooth, ipods, cell phones etc. to operate in a safe manner.

He's a menace, I''m tired of his ilk giving the rest of us a bad name!

I'm sorry for calling out a member but someone needs to do it!

I say "Ban Kelty360"!!

Sorry if I've offended anyone.

i
ll have to agree with Greenie here on this.

i think that Kelty360 couldn't reach the brake pedal to boot!
young punks!
messix
and this guy is on his way to surpassing Jim in wreaking/killing 914's

he's so bad, he sneaks up on peoples cars and breaks the door handles.
this guy is a menace! mad.gif
championgt1
What a bummer! Teener Tuesday! sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
greenie
QUOTE(messix @ Mar 23 2010, 06:57 PM) *

Troy,

Don't get me started on this, he's a baaad man!

I'm grateful for your support.

Greenie
messix
QUOTE(greenie @ Mar 23 2010, 09:06 PM) *

Troy,

Greenie

I feel it's my duty to humanity to warn all those that i can reach with this post to the danger that this miscreant is to society and especially porsche 914 cars!
KELTY360
QUOTE(messix @ Mar 23 2010, 08:14 PM) *

QUOTE(greenie @ Mar 23 2010, 09:06 PM) *

Troy,

Greenie

I feel it's my duty to humanity to warn all those that i can reach with this post to the danger that this miscreant is to society and especially porsche 914 cars!

So, I see your true colors now. It's all puppy dogs and roses til the going gets tough. Well the gloves are off now ar15.gif I know where there's some pristine zambieze sheet metal just waiting to donate to a good cause. I've got a sawzall sawzall-smiley.gif and I know how to use it. And Troy, that crack about reaching the brake pedal..... lol-2.gif
Elliot Cannon
You "rear ended a Tahoe today". Ain't no excuse for hitting someone from behind. Texting? Dropped your coffee? Not paying attention? If a 914 gets rear ended everyone wants to lynch the guy that hit it. You hit someone from behind and "gosh golly I guess I'll have to make lemonade". What good fortune to hit someone from behind because now you can make the 914 you always wanted. stirthepot.gif popcorn[1].gif
greenie
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 23 2010, 09:06 PM) *

You "rear ended a Tahoe today". Ain't no excuse for hitting someone from behind. Texting? Dropped your coffee? Not paying attention? If a 914 gets rear ended everyone wants to lynch the guy that hit it. You hit someone from behind and "gosh golly I guess I'll have to make lemonade". What good fortune to hit someone from behind because now you can make the 914 you always wanted. stirthepot.gif popcorn[1].gif

Very well said Elliot.

Listening to all of Mr Kelty360s handwringing, woe is me, amd "lemons to lemonade" nonsense we still have not heard how he caused this serious accident.

Was he texting? or was this another one of his sheeplove.gif episodes?

Let's see if he can man-up and come clean.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(messix @ Mar 23 2010, 05:57 PM) *

sad.gif headbang.gif

agree.gif mad.gif headbang.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(greenie @ Mar 24 2010, 05:57 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 23 2010, 09:06 PM) *

Very well said Elliot.

Listening to all of Mr Kelty360s handwringing, woe is me, amd "lemons to lemonade" nonsense we still have not heard how he caused this serious accident.

Was he texting? or was this another one of his sheeplove.gif episodes?

Let's see if he can man-up and come clean.

I would think its a blond with a casually relaxed dress code featuring extraordinary assets.... but then again, its the NW so it might have been Big Foot or a UFO....
ghuff
Wow you guys are owning this kid.

I rear ended somebody once in a nice looking 1995 Jetta. It was my fault, I was sleepy and literally turned the radio knob while not looking for 1/2 a second, but that 1/2 second was 2-3 and a 5mph bump it was.

I was 19 years old. I learned, and now I do not do that shit ever.

What has he done in the past on these spirited drives you guys speak of?

When our car club has these, only select people are allowed to go because a lot of people drive outside their limits and their vehicles limits.

I like to call it video game driving, they turn the wheel so hard and sharp with no feel like it's a static thing for each corner while flooring it. No concept for angle of the car in corner, understeer/oversteer, apex etc.
messix
QUOTE(ghuff @ Mar 24 2010, 09:01 AM) *

I rear ended somebody once in a nice looking 1995 Jetta. It was my fault, I was sleepy and literally turned the radio knob while not looking for 1/2 a second, but that 1/2 second was 2-3 and a 5mph bump it was.

When our car club has these, only select people are allowed to go because a lot of people drive outside their limits and their vehicles limits.

I like to call it video game driving, they turn the wheel so hard and sharp with no feel like it's a static thing for each corner while flooring it. No concept for angle of the car in corner, understeer/oversteer, apex etc.

yes this kid fully deserves what he is getting from us!
i don't think we will be inviting him to our teener tuesdays until he gets some more years of life experience and calms his wreakless immature behaviour.
if he shows up to the wwc this year i recommend every one give him a wide berth and consider who you want to be associated with. thats all i'm saying.
ghuff
QUOTE(messix @ Mar 24 2010, 08:44 AM) *

i don't think we will be inviting him to our teener tuesdays until he gets some more years of life experience and calms his wreakless immature behaviour.
if he shows up to the wwc this year i recommend every one give him a wide berth and consider who you want to be associated with. thats all i'm saying.

Well, let's hear some facts and experience to back it. Because actions in public on drives and facts are just that.....

So please do tell. You may save someone else and their car. smilie_pokal.gif
messix
QUOTE(ghuff @ Mar 24 2010, 09:46 AM) *

Well, let's hear some facts and experience to back it. Because actions in public on drives and facts are just that.....

I'll let Mr Greenie comment more on this as i recognized the dangerous nature of Kelty360 shortly after i met him and have limited my exposure to him, however Mr Greenie has tried to take him under his wing to mentor him at great risk to his saftey and reputation. this has seemed to be a total waste of time and effort, much to Mr Geenie's frustration as exposed by this thread.
PeeGreen 914
lol-2.gif happy11.gif av-943.gif

Did you call Marc young?

lol-2.gif
ghuff
Let's define young. I'm 28 going on 29 this year.

I know I am closer to young for this board, and car apparently. But we have some teens here if I remember right and college age folk.
PeeGreen 914
I'm 31.... and Marc is...

Hey Marc, just how well do you remember when they released the first gas powered car? poke.gif
messix
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 24 2010, 10:12 AM) *

lol-2.gif happy11.gif av-943.gif

Did you call Marc young?

lol-2.gif

well he's not quite as young as you, but yes i and also Mr Geenie have.

I have one example where Kelty360 had put many in danger at one of our teener tuesdays, but this was preceded by the drive up to our meeting place that Mr Geenie had led kELTY360 to the meeting location. this as related by Mr Geenie to the group gathered as "harrowing"! Kelty360 had nearly lost total control of his car several times!
Kelty360 later endangered the whole group and more so Mr
Geenie by enticing and futher more encouraging a young lady that was in the presence of some very large and dangerous looking "counrty" boys to try to engage Mr Greenie in what many would consider infedelity to his marriage. you see the meeting place was in a town know for it's back woods country and biker type atmosphere, and not some where to "mess around" with the locals.
if you search our teener tuesday thread and look from references to the town of Carnation you will find the whole episode as it happened then.
Todd Enlund
Obviously a menace. Look how inattentive he is to his driving.

Click to view attachment
greenie
QUOTE(messix @ Mar 24 2010, 07:55 AM) *

QUOTE(ghuff @ Mar 24 2010, 09:46 AM) *

I'll let Mr Greenie comment more on this as i recognized the dangerous nature of Kelty360 shortly after i met him and have limited my exposure to him, however Mr Greenie has tried to take him under his wing to mentor him at great risk to his saftey and reputation. this has seemed to be a total waste of time and effort, much to Mr Geenie's frustration as exposed by this thread.

Troy,

I just wish I was as good a judge of character as you appear to be! headbang.gif
Somehow you really read the true person that Kelty360 is.

I have wasted many years trying to turn this fellows life around only to be rewarded by threats sawzall-smiley.gif to me and my property.

Very upsetting, I may have to take the afternoon off.
ghuff
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Mar 24 2010, 09:43 AM) *

Obviously a menace. Look how inattentive he is to his driving.

Click to view attachment

Sounds very classy, now threats to property and life?
championgt1
lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.