Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seeking a 914/v8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Autocanoe
Hey guys
My first post. I'm looking for a 914 v8. Partial conversion is OK. I can finish it. I'm in Western Washington State in the US and can travel within a couple hundred miles to take a look, Wa. Or. and Id. Let me know what kind of stuff is out there.
John/Autocanoe
john@edensaw.com
72914GOLD
If you look down the cars for sale page a little bit, theres a white V8 914 in Oregon for sale, its says he put it ebay but doesnt say if it was sold.
Autocanoe
QUOTE(72914GOLD @ Mar 23 2010, 06:59 PM) *

If you look down the cars for sale page a little bit, theres a white V8 914 in Oregon for sale, its says he put it ebay but doesnt say if it was sold.

Thanks! I'll check it out.
championgt1
Here is one in the Seattle area. No affiliation. Just saw it on craigslist.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/1654408220.html
sww914
Chris Hamilton had something along those lines for sale a couple of months ago. His user name is his real name here.
Nothing nice to say about 914-V-8's, so I'll move along now. smile.gif
spaceshuttle
QUOTE(sww914 @ Mar 23 2010, 09:50 PM) *

Chris Hamilton had something along those lines for sale a couple of months ago. His user name is his real name here.
Nothing nice to say about 914-V-8's, so I'll move along now. smile.gif

So what about the 914 8's the factory built?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(spaceshuttle @ Mar 24 2010, 06:57 AM) *

So what about the 914 8's the factory built?

What about them?

Not water-cooled V8s.

Air-cooled 'real' Porsche flat-8 ( 908 ) boxer engines.

There are some nice Porsche V8's.
One member here has one in a 914. Beautiful car, not for the beginner and not cheap.

A Porsche water-cooled V8 won the 24 Hrs of Daytona this year.
914icon
pm sent
boxstr
Email sent.
Craig at CAMP
Andyrew
Whatcha lookin for... I'd rather not sell mine at this point as I have plans, but Im still open.

However, talk to Craig first, he knows all the cars in your area...
Autocanoe
Thanks for the input guy's. I'm glad to find out you're a responsive group. And Craig has been especially helpful. I haven't found my car yet but the trail is warming up!!

Cheers to all!

John/Autocanoe
Andyrew
What exactly are you looking for, what will you be doing with it?

Autocanoe
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 27 2010, 07:48 PM) *

What exactly are you looking for, what will you be doing with it?

Ideally I'm looking for a partially completed car that has had the motor installed and maybe some of the major mods completed. Trailing arm boxing, fender flares and stuff like that. Of course I'm trying to maximize my time and money just like everybody else. I have the tools and ability to do a complete v8 install but wouldn't it be nice if some of the more labor intensive bits were already done!

I guess the upshot is that I'd look at most anything but am shooting for the most bang for my buck. I can probably spend 3-4k plus sweat equity to come up with a solid car that I can do a little touring and a bit of racing/autocross with.

Let me know if you have any ideas and thanks in advance!

John/Autocanoe
A&PGirl
There's a local V8 conversion for sale in Stillwater, OK.

No affiliation. Here's the link to the ad. V8 914 for Sale in Stillwater, OK
Autocanoe
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Mar 28 2010, 11:27 AM) *

There's a local V8 conversion for sale in Stillwater, OK.

No affiliation. Here's the link to the ad. V8 914 for Sale in Stillwater, OK

Thanks for the note! Oklahoma is a bit out of my range but it looks like a great deal.

John
Andyrew
Gonna be hard pressed to find a v8 conversion for that much... A solid 4 cylinder is 4-5k, The mods listed are pretty popular and typically drive the price up!

I'd say look for a cheap chassis, then start collecting parts. V8 conversion stuff is out there. My v8 conversion stuff will be for sale later this year.
TC 914-8
I saw a 914-8 ( actually 2-3) on e-bay a couple of weeks ago. one was hi dollar but turn key, the other sparked my intrest because of the ZF Pantera transaxle. I can't remember but 5K and the reserve wasn't met. I wanted it just for the trans.
I did the same thing buying one 85-95% done, Craig was the champion on that deal. Keep an eye out, study the Rod Simpson and Renegade websites.
if I had the dough, flat 6, 3.2 or 3.6 would be the ticket.
Good luck,

T
dakotaewing
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Mar 31 2010, 01:02 AM) *

I saw a 914-8 ( actually 2-3) on e-bay a couple of weeks ago. one was hi dollar but turn key, the other sparked my intrest because of the ZF Pantera transaxle. I can't remember but 5K and the reserve wasn't met. I wanted it just for the trans.
I did the same thing buying one 85-95% done, Craig was the champion on that deal. Keep an eye out, study the Rod Simpson and Renegade websites.
Good luck,

T

I saw the one on ebay that listed the ZF as well...
It concerned me that the seller showed no photographs of the transmission...
You will find that a large number of sellers either misrepresent what they have,
or simply don't have a clue -
Just make sure that you get what you buy!!!
TC 914-8
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Mar 31 2010, 06:05 AM) *

Good luck,

T

You will find that a large number of sellers either misrepresent what they have,

He did have a link to a video, that did show the engine along with the trans and the Pantera shift gate.

It was pretty beat, I'll take a E-bay prowl and see if it is still around.

Autocanoe
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Mar 31 2010, 07:38 PM) *

QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Mar 31 2010, 06:05 AM) *

Good luck,

T

He did have a link to a video, that did show the engine along with the trans and the Pantera shift gate.

It was pretty beat, I'll take a E-bay prowl and see if it is still around.

Right on guy's! I'm really pleased there's so much interest in these cars and am sure mine's right around the corner. Any good leads let me know and I'll chase 'em right down.
Seems like I'm hearing that the stock 901 will handle up to 300 hp. What about autocrossing? Are lots of 2-3 shifts at high rpm going to trash a stock tranny? What's your experience breaking teansaxles and what kinda resources for a stronger 911 tranny or beefing up the 901 are out there?

John/Autocanoe
Andyrew
You pretty much just leave it in 3rd an go for an autox. Plenty of TQ to pull you out of any corner and more than enough to spin the tires on most corners.

CV's go before the transaxles. Bring spares.

Best bet is to tune the v8 to about 300hp and 250tq and just drive it easy. Should last for quite a while with fresh CV joints.
dakotaewing
Here's one...

http://slo.craigslist.org/cto/1668015992.html
Andyrew
FYI all, the guy is looking to spend 3-4k... The normal sorted out v8 cars are not in his budget.

Just an FYI.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.