Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Olympic Peninsula Region
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dinomium
For the guys that I met at the breakfast on Saturday, here is the website of the new region for us West Sounders!!
The site is very green, but it is just for us. clap56.gif
http://www.opr-pca.org/
Bleyseng
NIce! Now I wish they would run the AX's at somewhere other than effin Bremerton. Its a good hour from Seattle ohmy.gif

Geoff
dinomium
agree.gif
It is nice to have it in my backyard, but some other parkinglots would be a nice change!!
red914
thanks for the link, dino! it was great to meet you last saturday. now to get your car running (with or without the v8). burnout.gif

we need to toss around the west sound breakfast idea some more, eh? or the whiskey creek idea? chowtime.gif beer3.gif
dinomium
Yup!! all good points!
I just drove my 74 with the new to me 2 liter around the block!! I should have things sorted out very soon.
How did the drive with the lowered front end go?
email me your contact info so we can get something lined up for a lunch time thing...
dance.gif
DNHunt
There kinda small but nice people. I'm in but I haven't done anything with them yet.

Dave
Bleyseng
Oh, are they like munchkins or smurfs? wink.gif
DNHunt
Yep, kinda like smurfs. And they like personalized license plates
Hi_Fi_Guy
I bought my first 914 when I was 19 years old, living and working at SolDuc Hot Springs resort. I miss it (the Olympic Penensula and the 914) there are some great driving roads up there.

I remember lots of spirited driving around the lake crescent area.

Good Times...
rhodyguy
great guys. geoff is port townsend or port angeles closer for you? laugh.gif .

kevin
Bleyseng
I'll drive to Port Townsend as its a cool town, forget going to Port Angeles as that is where the terrorists like to go.

Geoff wink.gif
red914
hey dino, i sent you a pm.

there are many roads out here just begging for a little driving. i still think a little 914 drive up or down the west side of hood canal would be fun this summer. driving.gif MDB2.gif
John Kelly
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 30 2004, 06:12 AM)
I'll drive to Port Townsend as its a cool town, forget going to Port Angeles as that is where the terrorists like to go.

Geoff wink.gif

Hi Geoff,

No....that is where the flareorrist goes...I have family there.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Rocky
Hood canal is a great drive. Also the 356 club does a drive from around Port Orchard to Port Townsend thats fairly nice. driving.gif
Thanks for the web site Dino.
red914
hmmm... that could take you right by the chimicum cafe. odd, but i always think of where the food is available. chowtime.gif
ablose58
hey guys, keep me posted pray.gif i am interested in attending the events wherever i have to go thanks, AL welder.gif
red914
no problem. any events get posted here; it is the only way i find out about them. have you checked out an autocross yet? MDB2.gif if not, you should. very, very inspiring... pray.gif
dinomium
agree.gif
If your car is ready, anybody who is a rookie, really should think about the drivers skills day by the NW region. It is basicly an autocross school. You get gobs of track time and some really good instruction. Go to the NW region calander...
http://pnwr.pca.org/Track/driver_skills/default.asp
I dont know why I am telling you guys, it will eat into my seat time!! driving.gif happy11.gif
red914
i saw that on the site, dino. i supoose i will have to scrounge up a helmet... MDB2.gif burnout.gif
dinomium
Check the regs, I think you can use a motorcycle helmo, I of course went with marshmellow head Bell...
ablose58
Thanks for the info. guys! boldblue.gif smilie_pokal.gif AL
dharder
I used to live in Forks. I'd love to take my '73 around Crescent Lake.
dinomium
clap56.gif dh, great lookin ride! I dig that color!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.