Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 w/ BBR widebody kit roller with loads of parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Jona Gold
Here it is- my project car. It's a 72 with a BBR widebody kit installed- the kit needs some fiberglass work re-done and a repaint. There's some rust in the hell hole- and the rear trunk floor has been replaced poorly- floors, longs, jack points are all solid. Body needs a rotisserie to be done right- but hey, the kit is there and the fenders are already modified!

I was actually planning on restoring this car after I got a title (no title- I'll help you apply for one if you need)- I really like the look it has. But- in the immortal words of Jimmy Buffet "I got TOO MUCH STUFF" so she's for sale.

Look at the pics- It's already on a trailer and I'll deliver for a fee. If you just want a part- PM me and we can work something out. I know it's worth more in pieces than whole, but I'd rather play with my kids than this car right now.

The car has wicked retro Center Line Aluminum rims (wide), BBR kit front bumper / air damn could be repaired- but I would replace the front bumper with something else, I don't like the style. The chrome rear bumper is factory and it's in great shape- one small dime sized dimple on the driver bottom corner otherwise it's nice. Hood pins, custom mirrors- very cool, top is in great shape, good carpet, no cracks in the dash, after market gauges already installed, Porsche crest shift knob, retro 80's Blaupunkt tape deck w/ removable faceplate. I had planned to restore it to it the customized beauty it was at one point. The idea of a "retro 80's style racer" kind of struck me as fun. I have a 1.7l engine that is disassembled, big bore kit is there to go in minus a crank, case has been cleaned thoroughly, two transmissions (1 tail shift, 1 side shift) are there in pieces- I had been working with Dr. Evil trying to get one rebuilt out of the two (big THANKS Dr. EVIL by the way) but two jobs are getting in the way of getting this project done. All the stuff is there to switch to the side shift including shifter, shift linkage etc (part of the '74 in boxes you'll get to go with this car).

I have engine tins, exhaust, dual carbs, a "bugpack" system still mounted in the car (fuel delivery it looks like- not sure what it is to be honest- I'm a FI guy), a complete factory brown interior (seats, back pad, door panels), good dash pads (upper and lower), and loads and loads of other 914 stuff. There's way too many parts to list them all out.

I'm keeping the wood grain racemark steering wheel- you'll get a stock black 914 wheel in it's place. Sorry- one of these days I'll finish a 914 and I want it to have a wood grain wheel.

Like to see $1500 out of all this stuff. Bring a pick up truck because we'll fill the bed with boxes and boxes of parts- you'll get a very large amount of a '74 that's in boxes to go with it.

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Link to pics: http://pbckt.com/sf.C8u

IPB Image
Jona Gold
I will consider trades for smaller "stuff" that takes up less space.

I'm also willing to part it out - just let me know if you want a piece - I'll let the wood grain steering wheel go too sad.gif

I need the space soon- don't hesitate to make an offer (cash is motivating) or inquire about just a part of it!
dougcoup
QUOTE(Jona Gold @ Mar 26 2010, 06:59 AM) *

I will consider trades for smaller "stuff" that takes up less space.

I'm also willing to part it out - just let me know if you want a piece - I'll let the wood grain steering wheel go too sad.gif

I need the space soon- don't hesitate to make an offer (cash is motivating) or inquire about just a part of it!

I love it and would want it but already have one. too.

I would barter it out if you had some remodeling you needed done at your house.
Tile, painting, maintience ect. I could come up and finishe the work and take the car upon completion..... happy wife .... happy life.
silver74insocal
the bug pack system maybe the fuel pump needed for carbs, what type of carbs are they?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.