Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The different style of fog light lenses - a lesson on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Hi All. I just happen to have a sets of the different style lenses Porsche used for Fog lights on our beloved 914s. By my count there was actually 4 different style lenses used. So lets start:

Style one was used on all 1970 914 & 914/6 only (maybe on 71s also, but I haven't seen any) We all know the early foglights were round, but there were three different style lenses used.

This is style was used on 1970. Notice the line dividing the lense. You will not see that on 71 - 74 cars.

Click to view attachment

Style two is the most common seen for round fog lights

Click to view attachment
Style three is Euro style. From research I have done they were available in the USA, but you had to order them. Notice how different the lenses looks.

Click to view attachment
Style four is used on all 75 & 76 cars equipped with fog lights.

Click to view attachment
here is all four side by side. I'm still resarching as I have seen cars with different color lenses, but I am not sure if it was factory option or not. SO stay tuned.

Click to view attachment
Sleepin
Immediate Classic! Good info!
Socalandy
Great info since I have all 3 round sets and was planning on using them on the -6 resto. I was thinking I'd go witht eh Euro driving lenses
carr914
You need a picture of an Amber Lens

URY914
I didn't know that.
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif of this OLD thread of mine. I had a member here PM with a few questions on fog light lenses. So Mike here you go. I didn't have any amber lenses back when I first started this tread and well I still don't, but maybe someone else does?
eric9144
I have some amber lenses somewhere, I'll see if i can dig them up and get a pic.

Another interesting note is that while all the round US fogs had BA20s bulbs the Euro drivers had an H3 which was/is significantly brighter.
GregAmy
I have a pair of yellow ones; where did those come from?

I uninstalled them to replace with white/clear (I use as DRLs) so I can take a photo.
edrotol
QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Nov 21 2019, 12:53 PM) *

icon_bump.gif of this OLD thread of mine. I had a member here PM with a few questions on fog light lenses. So Mike here you go. I didn't have any amber lenses back when I first started this tread and well I still don't, but maybe someone else does?

I don’t understand the thread.
I currently sell lights with ambers or just the ambers only.

What is the question?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(edrotol @ Nov 21 2019, 03:01 PM) *

QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Nov 21 2019, 12:53 PM) *

I don’t understand the thread.
I currently sell lights with ambers or just the ambers only.

What is the question?

Mike wanted to know about the different style of lenses that were available as he has seen a few different ones and was looking for the correct style lens for a 70, That's all. I knew I posted a thread some years back on the different styles that I had seen so that s why the bump of the old thread so he could see them. beer.gif
914Sixer
Clear Euro lens are driving lights not fog lights.
BENBRO02
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 22 2019, 09:13 AM) *

Clear Euro lens are driving lights not fog lights.

Should driving lights only be used with high beams?
90quattrocoupe
Purchased in Europe in the 80s.

IPB Image

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.