Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Refurbished roof
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

My LineX friends did my roof for me. It may not be original, but the did a nice job of duplicating the size of the OEM bumps
oz371
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Mar 24 2010, 08:26 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

My LineX friends did my roof for me. It may not be original, but the did a nice job of duplicating the size of the OEM bumps

agree.gif That looks great!!
ThinAir
Very nice! You got this done where?
Lou W
Very Nice drooley.gif
stepuptotheMike
how heavy is it? Looks great
Cairo94507
Aside from looking good, I bet it is going to be tough as heck to damage. I had a truck bed done in this stuff and you could not damage it. I have always thought this would work on a roof. Looks good.
NS914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Mar 25 2010, 12:26 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Hi Panel Billy,

I have been working on my Car some time and gaining a crazy amount of insight from all of you. I love the color you chose for your car. Makes me wonder why I went with Silver, still looks good but, that Sky Blue or whatever it is called looks great. I have an extra roof and I need to restore it as well so its good to see what can be done.

Regards,

Grant
EdwardBlume
Its Olympic Blue, and its by far the BEST color aktion035.gif (I'm not biased at all...) shades.gif

effutuo101
Nice Job! Love the work on your car!
Root_Werks
Wow, that turned out really good!

Your 914 is starting to really come together now. driving.gif
PanelBilly
Gulf Blue or actually a shade darker. The LineX shop in Auburn did it. They added kevlar to the mixture and it make the surface even tougher. It is really light. I had the rockers done too, but I don't have a photo that shows them off yet. If anyone is interested in getting their roof done, these guys are real slow now and looking for any kind of work.
flipb
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Mar 25 2010, 01:01 PM) *

Gulf Blue or actually a shade darker. The LineX shop in Auburn did it. They added kevlar to the mixture and it make the surface even tougher. It is really light. I had the rockers done too, but I don't have a photo that shows them off yet. If anyone is interested in getting their roof done, these guys are real slow now and looking for any kind of work.

Would love to see a photo of the rockers once you get them on the car. Mine are S/S and were apparently painted by a PO with something not intended for S/S.... it's all flaked off, and soon I'll have bare steel rockers. Bare isn't actually that bad of a look (IMHO) but I'll probably either rattle-can them or find a place to get a finish like that applied.

Click to view attachment
aircooledtechguy
The roof looks fantastic Billy; congrats!!

I was planning to powder coat the rockers and the front & rear valances, but I may have to go this route. Post a pic of the rockers when you have the time.
jim_hoyland
Great looking roof job; that should last along time. smile.gif
scotty b
Very nice. I had thought about doing the same and also spraying the fiberglass bumper tops with it to give them a little matching texture.

Car is gorgeous BTW. The brown interior looks great with the blue beerchug.gif
gothspeed
Nice job on the top smile.gif ............ though I wanna see more pics of the car in general!! What kind of wheels are those?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.