Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: With Club shutting down World Paddock coming back to life?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
grantsfo
It feels sort of cheap and every two bit part huckster hangs here but I cant stand most boxster boards. Guess this will be defacto Paddock hang out soon? Or is there another grassroots place for us mid engine p car race guys to hang?
koozy
So, here it is www.AXPaddock.com

not 914 specific, no regular 914 forum, just a small forum for race cars, autocross, timetrialing, hillclimbing, track days and club racing.

Not meant to compete with any sites. Just a place for the folks that are used to chatting and BSing about race stuff together since the other site may be going away.

No guarantee how long it will be up or how many times it will go down.

Andy, please pm me if this is inappropriate to post here.

J P Stein
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Mar 24 2010, 11:00 PM) *

It feels sort of cheap and every two bit part huckster hangs here but I cant stand most boxster boards. Guess this will be defacto Paddock hang out soon? Or is there another grassroots place for us mid engine p car race guys to hang?

Not to worry, they can't stand you either.
You go back to my ignore list.....which has one name on it. Ain't you special.
drew365
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Mar 25 2010, 05:00 AM) *

Not to worry, they can't stand you either.
You go back to my ignore list.....which has one name on it. Ain't you special.

Thanks, JP. I needed a little chuckle this morning. For a minute I thought the sky was falling.
grantsfo
QUOTE(koozy @ Mar 25 2010, 02:08 AM) *

So, here it is www.AXPaddock.com

not 914 specific, no regular 914 forum, just a small forum for race cars, autocross, timetrialing, hillclimbing, track days and club racing.

Not meant to compete with any sites. Just a place for the folks that are used to chatting and BSing about race stuff together since the other site may be going away.

No guarantee how long it will be up or how many times it will go down.

Andy, please pm me if this is inappropriate to post here.

Thanks Mike! I'm there!
PeeGreen 914
It would be nice to have them come here... never understood why they didn't in the first place confused24.gif
koozy
Jon,

It's just a small group of guys that either race together, have raced together or BS about racing in general. It's no longer a 914 specific group. We have BMWs, Audis, Hondas, Alfas, Boxsters, Formula Atlantic, etc... It didn't seem right to barge in on a section of a 914 specific site for something that is only slightly related to 914s at this point. I believe most of the folks are members here as well. As for myself, I met with a member of the 914 World forum today in San Francisco and purchased a wonderful set of wheels. (Thanks, Jeff) I will continue to visit this site and I suspect the others will do the same.

Mike
J P Stein
In case nobody has told you, Jon, you fucked up.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Mar 29 2010, 06:13 AM) *

In case nobody has told you, Jon, you fucked up.

Oh yeah? confused24.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com

The paddock is coming back stronger than ever. We here at the World don't post much to the paddock, but the club has a very very strong paddock for all porsches Just wait and see. We have some very good admins.
grantsfo
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 7 2010, 12:46 PM) *

The paddock is coming back stronger than ever. We here at the World don't post much to the paddock, but the club has a very very strong paddock for all porsches Just wait and see. We have some very good admins.

I dont know I like www.axpaddock.com. It has same flavor as old 914 club paddock. All key contributors are there now. No need to go back. Probably best if AA 914 club focus on 914's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.