Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The April Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

While laying out the calendar for April I realized that I work two of the weekends, and the third weekend is a big two day autocross I will be attending. That leaves only the first weekend for the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion.

So there it is - we have to go for Saturday, April 3rd - 9am to noonish. Family Donuts and Deli at 9045 Fair Oaks Blvd. situated at the corner of Fair Oaks Blvd. and San Juan Avenue. Bring the family and drop in for some donuts and coffee... Always some interesting cars to look at!
Justinp71
Thats easter weekend isnt it?

Which autocross, the matherfield scca one?
McMark
Santa Rosa, Redwood Region.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Mar 25 2010, 10:28 AM) *

Thats easter weekend isnt it?

Which autocross, the matherfield scca one?

Probably, you can wear rabbit ears and I will buy your donut and coffee. I owe you a fiver anyway...

I am going to go to Mather some other time... I just want to get out of town and darn it, I like those Redwood Region guys.
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Mark your calendar for the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion April Edition... April 3rd! Bring your best April Fools prank. But note, the reunion date and time is for real. No foolin'.
Dirty Evo
i don't have 914 yet... is it ok if I show up in my cayman with my 3 year old daughter? she loves looking at Porsches...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dirty Evo @ Mar 26 2010, 04:45 PM) *

i don't have 914 yet... is it ok if I show up in my cayman with my 3 year old daughter? she loves looking at Porsches...

Perfect! That is one thing we haven't seen at the Reunion yet... No Crocs yet...
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

One week and about two hours from today! The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion April Edition! See you there with whatever Porsche you own and even if you don't own a Porsche. We like people who like Porsche! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Less than a week until the short-notice April Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion. No foolin' See you there. Bring the car or not... Doesn't matter. We want to meet the people who love the cars. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Everybody's waitin' for the weekend! Only five days till the April Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! See you there!
ConeDodger

Just four days and a wake up till the April Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Let's see your shining faces Saturday for a bit of Porsche talk and a donut...
ConeDodger
Come on down to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion April Edition! Saturday the 3rd - 9am to noonish...
ConeDodger

Just two days till the April Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! We will have strippers giving free lap dances, a bounce house for the kids, everything at the donut shop is free, and Paul Sayegh will be giving away his black 914-3.6. Don't miss out! Saturday, 9am to noonish. happy11.gif
ConeDodger

Almost time to put on your donut-face! See you tomorrow at the April Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion... Rain, shine, it doesn't matter. Bring the car or just come on down in the Family Truckster. We want to see you as much as the cars...
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

You may think you have 41 days to WCR2010 and it's all leisure and stuff but The April Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is less than an hour away! Take a shower and brush your teeth 'cause we don't want to smell your skanky fool! biggrin.gif See you there!
EdwardBlume
Aw man... wifey screwed me and we missed the last one (ended up in old Sac instead) and she promised to catch the next one.... which we're missing right about... NOW.. dang it..
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 3 2010, 08:28 AM) *

Aw man... wifey screwed me and we missed the last one (ended up in old Sac instead) and she promised to catch the next one.... which we're missing right about... NOW.. dang it..

Hmmm... My wife is ummmm well, thats none of your business but I still manage to make it. biggrin.gif Course, in your defense I live a couple hours closer to the donut shop. lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
Pretty good turn out! The usual suspects showed up right at 9:14am, first Geoff, then Justin, Brett, and Jim. Then later after we had solved the problems of the world and were about to dash - into the lot comes a red '74 with a Raby Turnkey motor. ZXniner and his wife all the way up from Merced. Longest trip they had ever taken in the car and they looked pleased! A closer look at the car revealed air conditioning... Hmmm... This is a civilized beast with an angry soul. I revved her up a few times and she snarls like an angry little bitch. I remember that. Blake? I am ready when you are! biggrin.gif Finally, one lonely Z car showed up. Josh from Elk Grove. He and I hung out until 1:30pm. Another fine event. Thanks guys. See you next month rolleyes.gif
biosurfer1
Isn't next month's reunion in Tahoe?smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 3 2010, 03:54 PM) *

Isn't next month's reunion in Tahoe?smile.gif

We will probably do something the first or last weekend in May. Either to go over last minute details or recap after...
zx-niner
I have been meaning to get to the Reunion for months but wouldn't come without the car. The stars aligned and this weekend we were free and the car is finally finished (mostly). Our 2-1/2 hour drive put us there just after a large portion of the gathering left. Fortunately Rob hangs out the entire time just for contingencies like Leslie and I. For our next visit, pending star alignment, we will be there at 0900.

Here are our two cars awaiting rain that never came.

Click to view attachment

Thanks for doing this every month!
ConeDodger
De nada Steve! Just my way of making real friends out of virtual personalities... Thanks to you and Leslie for coming... It was a treat to meet you guys and that was the first Raby turnkey I have ever seen running. McMark has had a few sitting on pallets at his shop before installation but that is the first one I had the pleasure of blipping the throttle on. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.