Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a 911 motor from motor meister
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
I dont know much about this engine but it was sitting on the floor at my mechanics shop today. He was about to cram it into a 911. He said the owner sent it off to motormeister about a year ago, and spent a totall of 18K on it. Just wanted to let you guys see it.

shades.gif
Phoenix-MN
popcorn[1].gif
Root_Werks
I always wanted to a DME 914-6. Should be a cool project to see.

We like pictures, post lots of them.....when you planning on doing the conversion?
zymurgist
I'm guessing that the owner wasn't aware of Motor Meister's reputation...
McMark
Sucks. I hope he's one of the lucky ones.
Eric_Shea
Does it come with a bible and rosary beads?
ahdoman
You really ought to check it over well before it goes in! At least check things you can get to like cam timing and make sure the cam wheels are on correctly! I had the recent priveldge of looking over a motor built by those guys. They got the right side cam gear on backwards!
SirAndy
icon8.gif
jt914-6
Motor Messedupster...... mad.gif
iamchappy
OK we see it, now let it continue to sit on your mechanics shop floor and look elsewhere or take a big gamble.
montoya 73 2.0
I almost went "Motor Schiester" route until I did a search here. It helps to spell the damn place correctly when doing the search. Anyways after reading about it there is no way in hell I would buy a motor from them!
Cap'n Krusty
So THAT'S what a hose job looks like ................................

You can put a FACTORY remanufactured engine in for less than that, including the labor.

The Cap'n
ArtechnikA
The 2,7S engine I got as a core has at least one MotorMeister rebuild on it and I trust the guy I got it from when he says it ran well, seemed to be pulling a head stud, and leaked a bit of oil. It's basically a crankcase and some odds and ends to me at this point since I'll be building up the new engine from a lot of separate parts. But it will be interesting to see what it's really like inside.

I can say that the flywheel bolts that are sometimes imposible to loosen without heating the heads cherry red twisted out with little effort using the right Hazet socket and a 36" flex handle. 100 lbs/ft each tops, no evidence of thread locker...
Joe Bob
Get a big bucket and 3 cases of oil.....
ellisor3

If it was built by Motor Scheister, It is already at top speed.

Might as well keep it on the cart and ride it.
carr914
Good Luck with that Grenade

blowup.gif
rfuerst911sc
It's good that you have documented the " before " condition. The " after " will not be so pretty. Might want to invest in a scatter shield. Good luck.
1968Cayman
For 18K, I hope ol' Roy threw in some 'lip' work. I used to wonder how MM stayed in business until I realized that some people don't research these things beyond asking about the cost.
keske968
Ohhh give us pictures after it goes BOOM!
rebelmdot
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Mar 25 2010, 04:18 PM) *

I am laughing out loud at this. Thank you for making my night with that comment. lol-2.gif
jt914-6
YouTube Motor Messedupster video......only 8 seconds.....it blew up at 10!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9CFPEi1ujY...feature=related
sww914
Poor fucker.
Good luck sad.gif
EdwardBlume
hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(rebelmdot @ Mar 25 2010, 08:55 PM) *

QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Mar 25 2010, 04:18 PM) *

I am laughing out loud at this. Thank you for making my night with that comment. lol-2.gif

agree.gif biggrin.gif
sean_v8_914
price, price, price. I find it increasingly difficult to explain cost-value-quality-details to a price focused customer
snakemain
I'm just daydreaming about what Jake Raby could build for me with $18K! mueba.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Mar 26 2010, 08:09 AM) *

price, price, price. I find it increasingly difficult to explain cost-value-quality-details to a price focused customer

but this guy paid $18k. It's not like he paid for an el cheapo engine. He just got one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.