Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Made a relay board cover this week
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nykthebartender
So, I was tired of my cracked plastic relay board cover and figured that any good one I found was bound to crack as well. So I made a fiberglass one. I should have taken some process photos, but I was having too much fun and just wanted to see it finished. The only drawback is that it is now the nicest part in my engine bay. Gotta get moving on the rest of that area now.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Krieger
Nice work! it makes your relay board look bad and your ass fat!
nykthebartender
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Mar 25 2010, 07:54 PM) *

Nice work! it makes your relay board look bad and your ass fat!

Lol. Thanks. I cleaned up the relay board too, but that was already in the car. The photo one is the extra board that got dusty while I worked on it.
plymouth37
That looks awesome! Nice work!
Frost
That looks good, you should start making more im sure theres alot of people out there that want one just as nice as yours!
SirAndy
Last time i checked, they were still available new from Porsche.

That is in fact where i got mine ...
shades.gif Andy
rfuerst911sc
Very nice work. I agree you could sell these if you wanted to. While the OEM cover is still available I believe it's still made of cheap plastic.
gothspeed
Looks fantastic!!! Great job on it!!! Is the color paint or gel coat??

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 25 2010, 05:07 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

How much are the new ones smile.gif?
Krieger
Wasn't George at AA making these now?
URY914
That is very nice.
dlee6204
That cover looks awesome! I might have to make one for myself one of these days... idea.gif
nykthebartender
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Mar 25 2010, 08:16 PM) *

Looks fantastic!!! Great job on it!!! Is the color paint or gel coat??

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 25 2010, 05:07 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

How much are the new ones smile.gif?

That's paint. I figured I might as well do something a little different than plain black. I could always make another one later if I needed it to look original. Or, I can make a carbon fiber one if I am feeling racy lol.

I didn't see new ones listed anywhere, but I can't say I searched exhaustively either. It was fun to make it anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.