Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: POPmoney
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
I recently became aware of this service via my credit union.

POPmoney

Has anyone had any experience, pro or con ?
Im not particularly a fan of giving ANY money to Ebay (ala Paypal)
but it seemed they were the only horse (whore biggrin.gif ) in town confused24.gif
Tom_T
I don't know if you can use that like your personal credit card linked to a PayPal account, but the advantage of a Visa or MC etc. is that you'll get whatever buyer protections on your particular credit card account if that is linked & used for PayPal - including all the legal protections against fraudulent charges if they're hacked - which you do NOT get on a debit or one of these pre-loaded cash cards. IMHO - I would not use it nor debit nor link to your bank account (as they ask to get "verified").

Yeah - those PayPal/evil-bay people are jerks. Last night I finally decided to bite the bullet & apply for their BS visa card to lift the limit - cuz I will NOT give them my bank account info/access - so I get turned down with a high 700 FICO, very limited debt & still getting sweet credit card offers out the wazoo in the mail! WTF.gif

I think it's just a scam cuz they really want your bank account hooked in!!! dry.gif

So they can KMA.gif & I guess now I'll have to create a new "web persona" & create a new PayPal acct. to start a new limit on that one! ... & I'll make GE who does their cards give me the legally required free credit reports to boot - A-holes! I wouldn't have used their crap visa anyway, cuz I use one of my 2 Chase Southwest Airlines ones to earn flight credits on all the 914 & other stuff I buy, which are less than half the % they charge for the balances which sit over one billing period when I don't pay them off immediately that month!

Plus the evil-bay customer non-service folks do everything that they can to NOT help customers & even go so far as to claim that they just changed some rule of THEIRS which you cite to them - as I did when a seller & I had agreed to a mutual withdrawal of her seller rating ding that she put on by mistake after we'd resolved the issue by email.

Someone should torch those clowns! blowtorch.gif

... and evil-bay's former CEO Meg Whitman wants to be the next Calif Governator!!?? .... I don't think so!!!! mad.gif

Geez - I can just see DMV or any other state depts' service with her in charge! dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.