Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 electric drag car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
http://www.nedra.com/reports/pso04/pso04_p...tos&movies.html

13 seconds in an electric powered 914... see it to believe!! what a freakin trip!
SpecialK
Pretty interesting site...Did you check out some of the times in the 1/4....8.8 sec. @137mph! Not to bad for a dildo with wheels laugh.gif
Joseph Mills
Whatta' Hole Shot! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Clicking thru it one frame at a time, and using the signage behind the Z-car to measure with, it shows that when the Datsun has traveled ONE car length, it has lost exactly ONE car length to the the 914! pray.gif

I want one for the boulevard. cool_shades.gif
JeffBowlsby
Otmar is a local hero...maybe we can get him to attend the WCC? So of us were able to see that car in the flesh a couple years ago when he attended one of our breakfasts. Nice guy too. Brad knows him well.

Here is his webpage, which I see has not been updated recently.

http://evcl.com/914/

Jeff
nebreitling
he lives like 2 blocks away from me. chatted it up with him once, nice guy... i'll stop by and point him to the WCC site -- it would be a great addition to the WCC..

nathan
JeffBowlsby
Otmar is unfortunately limited to like a 30 mile range...and that is with his battery upgrade. So we have to figure his attendance within that proximity, or maybe he could trailer it.

Nathan, if you can appproach him with a plan that he could do, then I can email him to follow-up...we will make the WCC irresistible to him.

Hey maybe he could come to the AX? His car weighs something north of 3 kips...thats 3000 lbs to you non-engineers...but maybe it would stick to the corners?
nebreitling
i will stop by this week, give him a chat and my best sales effort!

i thought he got more than 30 miles, but i do know that his range is quite limited. it would be generous if we could offer him some trailer support or something, but i'll just see if he's interested at this point (i don't have a trailer and i won't speak for anyone who does). also, i've seen him up in the mountains behind Stanford once, so i know he's familar w/ those twisties. traveling as far as the WCC twisty road tour might be a stretch in range for him.

he's got these itsy bitsy tires on it right now, but he claims that it still handles like a 914...
Brad Roberts
He pulls the 914 to the drag events with his stretched VW vanagon. He can take the car anywhere.

Otmar is a great guy..

B
Brad Roberts
Just for fun.. I actaully have the gas engine from that car in my shop right now.

B
nebreitling
that's funny brad -- i don't think he'd want it back...

that stretch VW van is hella cool... you could throw a party in that thing.
Brad Roberts
Have you seen his electric powered GIANT tricycle ?? He drives it around "Burning Man" every year. It is solar charged. It has a 10ft high front wheel. It has two couches between the rear wheels.

B
Andyrew
The sound of that car is intoxicating (if it was the whine I was hearing).. Like 4 turbo's.. Gaaaaahhh (salivating)
Brad Roberts
You are hearing the belt drive between the TWO electric motors. He uses a bad ass cogged Goodyear belt. I think he has pics of it on his site.

I helped him do a 930 4 speed gearbox in the car. He was blowing up 901's left and right with 500lb ft of torque at ZERO rpm.

B
rhodyguy
minor detour. you guys do burning man? my son that lives in Hoopa is trying to get me to go. thinks he can shock the old man. ha ha. back on topic. i saw an electric 914 at a vw show in puyallup. i wonder if it's the same one?

kevin
nebreitling
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 29 2004, 08:15 PM)
minor detour. you guys do burning man? my son that lives in Hoopa is trying to get me to go. thinks he can shock the old man.

never been. most SF hipsters (of my generation) consider it a bit passé now, but i still hear of interesting things happening there... my friends who went last year mentioned it has lost its charm -- mostly just semi-naked old people in crisis doing loads of E and setting things on fire. apparently, not as fun as when it was semi-naked young people doing loads of E and setting things on fire.

boy, this thread's all over the place...
Andyrew
Two eh? I though he did one per.. never mind.

Im mixing that up with some stuff I heard on Rides about a robot thing..

Andrew
SirAndy
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Mar 29 2004, 08:21 PM)
most SF hipsters (of my generation) consider it a bit passé now, but i still hear of interesting things happening there... my friends who went last year mentioned it has lost its charm -- mostly just semi-naked old people in crisis doing loads of E and setting things on fire. apparently, not as fun as when it was semi-naked young people doing loads of E and setting things on fire.

last time (and only) was in '97.
in fact, that was my first day in the US ever! aktion035.gif

people said the same thing back then. that it wasn't the same anymore.
for me, simply way too many people. they had, i think 12000, that year.
it's probably more like 20000 now. i hate crowds ...

but other than that it was fun. mostly freaks like myself, so i didn't feel out of place at all.
got the royal treatment, we flew in with a small 3 seater airplane from SFO.
what a welcome to the US of A! smilie_pokal.gif

here's me @ burning man with my now ex-wife ...

IPB Image
nebreitling
dude, you have an absolutely smoking ex-wife.
SirAndy
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Mar 29 2004, 09:31 PM)
dude, you have an absolutely smoking ex-wife.

i know sad.gif

i'll tell you the whole story one of these days.
hollywood material, honestly ...

but it's all good now smile.gif Andy
nebreitling
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 29 2004, 09:53 PM)
hollywood material, honestly ...

laugh.gif you and me both...

can't wait to hear it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.