Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WebCam can't satisfy me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MartyYeoman
So, I send in an order to WebCam fora new stock camshaft, cam gear and followers.
A week later I call to get a tracking number and they say "We have the cam and gear but you'll have to wait for the followers. Estimated shipping date is the end of April." blink.gif (They'll partial me the cam and gear in the next few days). This puts a real crunch in my schedule for completing my motor build prior to the "Tahoe WCR". hissyfit.gif

Does anybody have a set I can replace when my "back-order" arrives?

I really want to match with the same followers if possible.

Help a brother out.

Thanks, Marty
tat2dphreak
yep, they were out last week too... I went to aircooled.net AC.net has lifters that are SLR coated and guaranteed to work with the webcams. I called them to verify. and I'm installing them this week.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yup in stock always

QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Mar 26 2010, 12:57 PM) *

So, I send in an order to WebCam fora new stock camshaft, cam gear and followers.
A week later I call to get a tracking number and they say "We have the cam and gear but you'll have to wait for the followers. Estimated shipping date is the end of April." blink.gif (They'll partial me the cam and gear in the next few days). This puts a real crunch in my schedule for completing my motor build prior to the "Tahoe WCR". hissyfit.gif

Does anybody have a set I can replace when my "back-order" arrives?

I really want to match with the same followers if possible.

Help a brother out.

Thanks, Marty

Al Meredith
Do you think Web is waiting for a shipment from China? If so I'd be cautious of the first couple of shipments.
rick 918-S
shades.gif Honestly I thought you wanted people to watch you on your web camera... unsure.gif Ya, speed reading never works out well. screwy.gif lol-2.gif I was really not wanting to click on the thread. hide.gif lol3.gif
Eric_Shea
WebCam can't satisfy me

I'm with Rick on this... I was going to recommend a few sites. biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
Sick minds in the gutter...

Hey Marty, what happened? confused24.gif I thought you had that 1.8 running pretty good...
McMark
It runs great, except for the tap-tap-tap on overrun.

I hope that wasn't a secret, Marty. ph34r.gif
MartyYeoman
At this point, no secrets. Just jackstands!! headbang.gif
MartyYeoman
John at Aircooled.net had a set of WebCam lifters #00263.
Exactly what I needed. They're in the mail to me as we speak.
Thanks to tat2dphreak for the vendor info.
Marty smilie_pokal.gif
Mr.242
At first glance I was thinking WEB CAMERA...webcam. And you needed followers......thinking great, where the hell has 914world gone now! lol-2.gif

Some what happy this is about MOTOR CAMS!! driving-girl.gif
swood
What Cam did you end up using Marty?
DBCooper
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Mar 29 2010, 12:19 PM) *

John at Aircooled.net had a set of WebCam lifters #00263.
Exactly what I needed. They're in the mail to me as we speak.
Thanks to tat2dphreak for the vendor info.
Marty smilie_pokal.gif

John's saved my bacon more than once. Great guy, beau coups experience, super parts place.
tat2dphreak
John's saved my bacon more than once. Great guy, beau coups experience, super parts place.

agree.gif they are also THE place to get whatever jet sizes you need for your carbs. fair prices, and their service has always been top notch.
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(swood @ Mar 29 2010, 05:57 PM) *

What Cam did you end up using Marty?

I went with the stock grind.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.