Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 vette, guy wants to trade for my Ski Supreme
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Needs windshield, interior work and rear bumper.....

Tom_T
IMHO - `57 Vette with the first 283 FI Porcupine Head & 4-spd is dah bomb! biggrin.gif
... 2nd choice would be `58-59, 3rd `60-62 with FI 283 or 327!

Those 70's Vettes were rather heavy & wallowing creatures, as compared to the 50's & pre-Stingray 60's Vettes, which is why so many racers stuck with the early ones.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 26 2010, 03:20 PM) *

IMHO - `57 Vette with the first 283 FI Porcupine Head & 4-spd is dah bomb! biggrin.gif
... 2nd choice would be `58-59, 3rd `60-62 with FI 283 or 327!

Those 70's Vettes were rather heavy & wallowing creatures, as compared to the 50's & pre-Stingray 60's Vettes, which is why so many racers stuck with the early ones.

Stock 350 with a 4 speed...at least no automatic.... blink.gif
Cap'n Krusty
A Pigge of Plastique ......................

The Cap'n
rfuerst911sc
Why trade a boat for a boat anchor ? I'd pass but to each his own.
zymurgist
Could be a nice driver.

Install big block springs (550#) up front and a 355# fiberglass monospring in the back; have steering box rebuilt to factory spec; inflate tires to factory spec. Looks like it's got the exhaust setup already, although side pipes tend to be loud inside the cockpit.

Interior parts are plentiful in repro.

Front grille is missing.
r_towle
Do it.

Rich
bobhasissues
Don't do it!
Boating & boarding is way more fun than Vetting.
Man I miss my boat.
Ferg
looks like a 8k vette to me what's your boat worth?
6freak
at least you wont burn(bad burns) the back of your legs getting out of a boat....
Joe Bob
I'd rather have the 10K and pay off some debt....
bigkensteele
I believe that '73 was the last of the cars with a solid fiberglass rear section, which is cool. A friend of mine bought a '76 years ago, and that thing was a dog. My Scirocco was quicker... much quicker. I would sell the boat, pay the bills and buy 914 parts with whatever is left over. That car looks like a money pit to me.
Joe Bob
Yeah, that's what I've come think as well....anyone wanna buy a nice ski boat?
messix
the 73 is a unique year. it has the soft front fascia and the crome steel rear bumper. i't smog exempt in cali so you coulod go wild on building and engine, rebuild the 350 with a stroker 383 kit is just as cheap or cheaper than a 350. new modern replacement heads make much better power and are cheaper than refurb stock heads. as said before there is restoration parts galore for these cars, and suspension kits to really bring the handling out in these cars.

and........... it's an 'merican muscle car!!!! flag.gif
sixnotfour
the 73 is a unique year

your write the end of an era (chrome bumpers)
notrade
RJMII
nice boat. =o)

congrats on getting NBD back in business.
messix
i think that year is a very clean design!
that year will be very collectable, and when camaro's are going for 10k in the same condition....
if you're not a muscle car guy don't bother with it you won't like.
and you haven't said what kind of condion the boat is in and it's age.
Joe Bob
Excellent condition 1992 Ski Supreme Tournament ski boat. Low hours, bimini top, new tires, battery, graphics, includes ropes, skis, barefoot boom, center mount tower and other extras. Would consider a nice bumper pull toy hauler or travel trailer in trade. Comes with two covers and hook ups on rear for bumper pull for a tent trailer or jet skis...YES it's legal in Nevada AND California to tow multiple trailers!!!!!

Fresh service on the engine, new plugs and oil change, new water pump, packing gland and surge brakes, marine rated stereo, locking storage under the bow and rear mahogany swim deck.

Selling because I have too many toys and being single due to a divorce.....I'm going to travel with my race car, Seadoos and my dog....

Asking 10K
rick 918-S
Plastic pig. Boat for a boat anchor. agree.gif
Joe Bob
Excellent condition 1992 Ski Supreme Tournament ski boat. Low hours, bimini top, new tires, battery, graphics, includes ropes, skis, barefoot boom, center mount tower and other extras. Would consider a nice bumper pull toy hauler or travel trailer in trade. Comes with two covers and hook ups on rear for bumper pull for a tent trailer or jet skis...YES it's legal in Nevada AND California to tow multiple trailers!!!!!

Fresh service on the engine, new plugs and oil change, new water pump, packing gland and surge brakes, marine rated stereo, locking storage under the bow and rear mahogany swim deck.

Selling because I have too many toys and being single due to a divorce.....I'm going to travel with my race car, Seadoos and my dog....

Asking 10K
jasons
QUOTE(Rico Suave @ Mar 26 2010, 09:28 PM) *

Asking 10K

If you need to get $10k for that boat, I would definitely walk from the Vette since it needs TLC. Unless you just want one. My hunch is you don't. We have a 73 roadster, my wife loves it, I like it. Its a car we can enjoy together. My 914 2.0 is more fun in a pure driving sense. The vette is for "date nights". grouphug.gif

IIRC Larry Shinoda said the 73 was the closest to the Mako Shark II.

Click to view attachment
messix
QUOTE(jasons @ Mar 26 2010, 09:37 PM) *

Asking 10K

If you need to get $10k for that boat, I would definitely walk from the Vette since it needs TLC. Unless you just want one. My hunch is you don't. We have a 73 roadster, my wife loves it, I like it. Its a car we can enjoy together. My 914 2.0 is more fun in a pure driving sense. The vette is for "date nights". grouphug.gif

Click to view attachment

nice roadster!!!! drooley.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(messix @ Mar 26 2010, 11:49 PM) *

Asking 10K

Click to view attachment

Now that's a nice Vette! That brown turd on the trailer looks like a car that the last several owners couldn't afford. It's a maintenance nightmare waiting for the next victom like a jack in the box.
messix
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 26 2010, 09:54 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Mar 26 2010, 11:49 PM) *

Asking 10K

Click to view attachment

Now that's a nice Vette! That brown turd on the trailer looks like a car that the last several owners couldn't afford. It's a maintenance nightmare waiting for the next victom like a jack in the box.

kinda like a lot of porsche's right? 914's?
'73-914kid
Not personally a fan of '73 Vette's. i grew up around both 70's and mid-year stingrays, so I naturally am biased toward the older chrome bumper cars, more spefically 69-71, but that is probably an 8-9k Vette to be perfectly honest. Nothin really special, but the power that goes along with a well built 350 is a lot of fun
ghuff
911, 914. Recently divorced. Add a 73 vette that looks like the PO's were too poor to fix it, adn you can kiss travelling goodbye.

Bad move. Hold out for money.
SLITS
I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I have my plastic chevy,
Sittin' in my driveway here ...

Ah fuch it

If it looks like a pig, smells like a pig, it's probably a plastic chevy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.