Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gunsons Eezi Bleed kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ILM914
Hello all: Anyone know where I can Buy a Gunsons Eezibleed kit at a reasonable cost? Thanks, Joe
Eric_Shea
icon_bump.gif for poster. Found this in the classifieds. It will probably get more helpful answer and replies here.
jt914-6
I made my own. Pressure sprayer from Wal-mart, pressure guage, 914 brake reservoir cap, wheel valve stem, fix-a-flat can. Mount pressure guage on sprayer bottle, cut off fix-a-flat hose end and connect to pressure sprayer hose, cut hole in 914 cap and mount valve stem. Put cap on reservoir connect fix-a-flat end to valve stem. Pump sprayer up to no more than about 10-15 lbs. Bleed brakes....I like making tools when I can......Don't have a pic to post, but you should get the idea.... smash.gif
ChicagoPete
I used to be avid about buying the best tools money can buy, simply for the fact that they last longer and in the case of Craftsman hand tools they have a lifetime warranty. Mind you, I am only a hobbyist and try to as much work as I can on my own cars.

Recently though, I discovered a Harbour Freight retail store near me and have been pleasantly surprised by what you get for the price. And with the coupons in almost every issue of Autoweek make it even easier choice.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=92924

Something to consider. At their prices most of the tools are actually disposable. I have used this brake bleeder and like how it works.

Peter

pcar916
Makin your own is perfect if you're handy and in a hurry.

I use the Motive Power Bleeder. It's less than the Gunson's bleeder and I use it for all of the cars and various trucks. Summit Racing has them...

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Brand/M...s/?autoview=SKU

Racer Parts Wholesale and others have it as well.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/categor..._Brake_Bleeders

There is a specific screw cap that matches our fluid reservoirs that was included in the one I bought many years ago. I've used all the tops since then on various machines.

Good luck
ghuff
I do not like pressure bleeders.

I have had issues with them. God forbid on an old car you have some crusty seals into the master or something, and the pressure blows it out all over paint, when normally they would have sealed up fine in operation without the pressure making them go.

I would order a full set of speedbleeders for every bleeding point on the vehicle, and use those.

I moved to speedbleeders on all of my vehicles, even for the hydraulic clutch.

zymurgist
I use a Vacula, mainly because I got it for free.
pcar916
I've heard of folks having trouble with pressure bleeders, but I haven't in 15 years of using them. But I hold the pressure down to 10-12 pounds. But there is a more important feature.

The major advantage is that you don't hyper-extend the master cylinder piston rubber into parts of the cylinder that will probably have corrosion from moisture while your partner is pushing the pedal to the floor. Could tear up the rubber but it for sure brought corrosion back into your good fluid. There is vacuum.

I'm glad that someone out there has been able to use vacuum bleeders successfully. I'm not one of them because I'm not patient enough, and pressure is just so quick to use!

Good Luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.