Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rain tray
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
martin914
hi.i am going throught my stuff and found two identical rain tray(no cracks) not sure wich year.how do you tell early or late? sad.gif thanks. i will try to post pics latter
orange914
i may be off on this so someone will call me on it biggrin.gif , but i think the trays where flat on the bottom until 73'. i have an early 73' and it came with a flat one though. maybe one of the early 73' things? i changed it to a "ribbed" bottom type (later). they are more rigged

pat... pat??? input here...
Tom_T
QUOTE(orange914 @ Mar 28 2010, 09:48 AM) *

i may be off on this so someone will call me on it biggrin.gif , but i think the trays where flat on the bottom until 73'. i have an early 73' and it came with a flat one though. maybe one of the early 73' things? i changed it to a "ribbed" bottom type (later). they are more rigged

pat... pat??? input here...

agree.gif
... but the change may have been mid-73 MY or in 74 MY - look at Steve's Sahara Beige pix of that later 73 to see what he has on his (O&H nailed thread "The few, the rare...")

Late repro's are around at AA, etc., but look at Mikey914's topic in O&H or Garage for making new repro's, which we've leaned him to making the NLA early ones, but there are pix of both types there.

I'd look these up, but need to get back to work on my 914 now! biggrin.gif
jonferns
Early ones are flat, later ones have ribs on the bottom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.