Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chock up another dead 914:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
Went in for something else and found this:
Root_Werks
Located at Arlington Pull-A-Part. I went through and removed what I wanted. Not sure there is much left that's any good. It's pretty rusted out, you can't close the drivers door and the pass door won't open because the wieght of the car is on it. It was a FI 1.8 1974, but engine and trans are gone as is most of the good stuff.

Andy, here is the VIN#:
effutuo101
Hey Troy! there's a good hood for you
messix
i have the silver one from the car we cut up on Mikey!
it just has some minor seam surface rust, and i'm sure it's much better than the one!
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 28 2010, 09:48 AM) *

Went in for something else and found this:

Here's another dead one for you. Spotted it on the craigslist and asked the guy if we could register it as a RIP 914. VIN is 4742911390

Click to view attachment
SW
Katmanken
Is it the picture, or are the rear fenders flared on the black one?????

There are lotsa parts on that one. I see F&R brake calipers, windshield trim, roll bar trim, front fenders (not being made anymore), bumpers (dwindling supply), bumper rubber, light housings (side and front turn signal), and more......
messix
QUOTE(kwales @ Mar 28 2010, 10:40 AM) *

Is it the picture, or are the rear fenders flared on the black one?????

There are lotsa parts on that one. I see F&R brake calipers, windshield trim, roll bar trim, front fenders (not being made anymore), bumpers (dwindling supply), bumper rubber, light housings (side and front turn signal), and more......

i'm pretty sure Dan has several of each in his attic!
Katmanken
A man can never have too many spares in his attic.
914werke
Uh ... I disagree with that statement. I noticed a few stress cracks in the ceiling
Katmanken
I have the same problem and those aren't stress cracks....

Yer trusses are geting damp and pulling up in the center. Causes cracks and pulls the tape from the wall/corner joint/

Solution? More parts to push it back down happy11.gif .
SirAndy
Thanks guys!

beerchug.gif Andy

Root_Werks
Rear trunk lid looks like it came up hard and mashed both rear sail trim pieces.

All rubber associated with the bumpers is toast, although the bumpers themselves are still save-able.

Windshield and trim I pulled and sold to member here locally. Didn't make anything off that deal, but happy to get a good useable part to someone who needed it.

Most parts look like they have been sitting for a long while, but the good part is no one has cut any brakes lines or removed the brake fill cap. So calipers all might be good cores?

If I can make it back up there, I'd grab some of those, axels also looked good.

Good side shifter and inner shift bar.

The fenders are pretty hashed it seems. Lots of paint and filler from what I can tell, lots and lots of rust. sad.gif

For the $1 admission, it's worth it if anyone's in the area to just visit the little guy. smash.gif

One thing I spaced is I could use the front trunk floor. That seemed pretty much okay.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 28 2010, 12:00 PM) *

One thing I spaced is I could use the front trunk floor. That seemed pretty much okay.

We need one of those for the Limo! idea.gif (used to have AC)

Also, if it's not too much trouble, can you get the paint code, chassis number and build date?
bye1.gif Andy
6freak
What bone yard Dan??
Root_Werks
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 28 2010, 12:40 PM) *

What bone yard Dan??

Arlington Pull-A-Part. $1 admission.
6freak
to far ...maybe i should check the pull a part here in T town...Thanks Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.