Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni insert into Koni Strut
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
my928s4
These are Koni inserts 8641-1077, the struts are Koni 911 341 079 10 and there seems to be a mismatch as the inserts hang up before fully inserted. I did not try gently tapping in with a rubber mallet I figured they were supposed to drop right in?

The picture shows where the insert start to hang up.

Thoughts?

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
I'd say those inerts are Koni's that are made for a Boge strut.
my928s4
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 28 2010, 04:13 PM) *

I'd say those inerts are Koni's that are made for a Boge strut.

Thanks Eric, that would explain it. I'll double check then pass these onto someone else.
Richard Casto
Check out post #7 in this thread...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=70929

I believe you are trying to do what I describe in item #2 in that post. Which is to use a 914 Koni insert in a 911 Koni strut. As you have found out where the insert necks down is too far down and does not match up with where the strut necks down. So it almost, but not quite fits.

For that strut, you need the 911 Koni insert (8641-1039 Sport). On post #11 of that thread I show a similar photo to yours, but you can see that the neck on the 911 Koni insert is much higher, so it fits. The valving between the 914 and 911 in slightly different. Maybe not enough for you to notice. You can always have Koni revalve the 911 insert to the spec of the 914 insert.
my928s4
Richard

Thanks for the link, your prior post sums it up pretty well. I ordered the 911 shocks from Jason with the gland nuts this morning.

Will post the new 914 shocks in the classified for $200 (for the pair) which is what I paid for them.
Richard Casto
Glad I could help. It's always great when you can give someone info that actually helps them out! smile.gif

It's also good you saw the bit about the special gland nut. By default the inserts are packaged with a gland nut for the Boge strut (as this is the most common strut). So if you are using a Koni strut, you have to buy the Koni Strut specific gland nuts as the thread pattern, etc. is different between the Boge and Koni struts.
veltror
Does anybody have an email and full name for this Jason bloke? I have had no succes in sourcing these gland nuts in the Uk besides I am also missing the adjusting plastics screws and some other bits...

Ta...
my928s4
QUOTE(veltror @ Mar 30 2010, 05:06 PM) *

Does anybody have an email and full name for this Jason bloke? I have had no succes in sourcing these gland nuts in the Uk besides I am also missing the adjusting plastics screws and some other bits...

Ta...

PM'd you the email
veltror
thank you Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.