Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: craigs list San Francisco
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Michael N
Looks like a nice car for a good price. Plus, I love white cars. Not mine just thought I'd share the info.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1666289712.html

DESCTIPTION: 1973 Porsche 914 2.0. The car runs good, handles well is a blast to drive. It has a 5-speed transmission and is fuel injected. Recent oil change, minor tune-up and new front brakes. I don't know how many miles are truely on the car but it's over 100k. The interior of the car is is good condition. The dash looks like new. It has the center console guages. The original seats and door panels are in good condition. Carpets are okay. The exterior has been repainted a slightly different shade of white than its original color. The paint is shiny and looks nice. The body has a couple of minor dings but is actually in really good condition. It has nice chrome bumpers with front driving lights and a clean set of Fuchs wheels. The removable top is also in good condition. It's a California car so the body & undercarriage are nearly rust free and the seals are in good condition. There is some rust around the gas tank area. The car is currently registred and does not need to pass smog. Serious buyers with cash may call 415.573.5487. Be sure to scroll down through all the pictures. Thanks! [b]

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

carl k
I saw this also, looks nice. Be sure to bring a couple lug bolts for the right rear wheel before you take a test drive.

Carl K.
Tom_T
Okay - so I have to ask what is wrong with it, cuz he's only asking $3500?? confused24.gif

A good condition driver like this should be in the $5-10k range - & this would easily be at least $7500 if it's as advertised!

1. Why would a guy/gal drive around any sports car missing 1/2 the lugs on the drive wheel when they're readily available new OE & repro & used - it's just a safety & care of their car issue/question!!??

2. What's under that new paint job - judging by the sloppy over-spray in both trunks where they or the shop didn't even bother to remove or mask the VIN plate in the front trunk, shock nipple-caps, targa top holders & top-latch cups in the rear, etc.!!?? I mean these are easily removed or taped items! WTF.gif

3. No shot of the hell hole/battery tray area - so who knows there!!?? So take a tool kit to remove those rockers & prod everywhere for rust, prod, tap, sight-line & otherwise check for other evidence of body work! So who knows what's really going on with rust, accidents & the running gear's condition!!?? confused24.gif

4. No VIN nor Karnan Plate OE color info is provided, but it may be correct original color repaint, looking at the engine bay & behind the gas tank areas typically left u-sprayed on a color change - but well worth verifying, since it affects the ultimate value (as I found out when I really wanted to resto mine as Marathon Blue metallic, but decided to go back to this L80E)

5. Looks from all the dimpling that it needs Mikey914's repro bumper tops F&R, as he's slathered something to shine them up to cover other sins!

6. It's got a Wheel-skins recover on the steering wheel, which IMHO I'd send to Dallas Steering Wheel for a proper recovering with leather to the OE look/fitment. Ditto for what may be a non-original nor even common dealer option shift knob (like the period AMCO leather/leatherette covered Porsche crest ones), but that may just be the lighting making it look like the VW all black knobs without the 914 shift pattern. Also missing the driver's map pocket hinged top & the pass. visor mirror's flap is gone - all common problems & the former can be found, latter is a pricey resto or replacement form NOS.

7. Looks like there may be some upholstery tears on the outer driver's bolster, which is hard to find replacement leatherette in anything but black now (ditto if any carpet problems), but he's also got those seats so shined up with whatever he slathered on, that you'd go flying out the window or under the dash under any hard handling/braking! laugh.gif I'd get that shit cleaned off before a test drive, along with a couple more lugs before a test driving-girl.gif driving.gif !

8. Rear view mirror is off the windshield - but who hasn't had that happen!! biggrin.gif

On the plus side: it's a less common Brown interior (even my 73 2L's L80E & Beige is more common IIRC), & most of the exterior otherwise looks very nice & still has Fuchs in , and the price isn't too bad if you only need another $5-7k to put it right for any unknowns & those which I've mentioned known items above. Still looks like it could be a sweet deal if the seller isn't "cover the crap & find a fool" flipper!

That's my IMHO $0.08 with inflation! biggrin.gif
wes
I tried several times to call but mess. box full!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.