Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My engine swap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
UberElectricEagle
Hey guys,
This is not as cool as most the projects on here, but on my fancy VW I was able to swap out my extremely oily and broken 1.7 for a way better 2.0. It actually fired up on the first try after I had my grubby untrained hands all over it. I did it for about $300 (engine and some new parts), which was nice after I was told it could not be done for under $1000. I was able to swap a lot of parts over from the 1.7 and all work was done in house. Good thing I didn't pay myself by the hour.
I read plenty of your posts on here to help me along the way. Thank you all.

Fuel injection parts from the 2.0 will probably be for sale.

Keep on truckin'

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
silver74insocal
looks good!! is that a triad exhaust? what carbs are u running? Dave
UberElectricEagle
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Mar 29 2010, 11:03 PM) *

looks good!! is that a triad exhaust? what carbs are u running? Dave

Thanks. It is a triad. The carbs are Weber 34 ict's from the other motor. Hopefully they will work out okay.
Root_Werks
You might need to re-jet the carbs for the larger 2.0 engine, but they should work just fine.

driving.gif
UberElectricEagle
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 30 2010, 08:36 AM) *

You might need to re-jet the carbs for the larger 2.0 engine, but they should work just fine.

driving.gif

Yes sir. Drove her today for about 45 minutes and everything worked well. Carbs seemed to be working great too. They are nice because they are fairly simple to adjust once I cram my hand into the right position.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.