Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick value check
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buhs914
Ok so i have a full set of original alloy lugs in really good condition with no stripping whatsoever. I got them from a friend of mine who took them off his 914 he bought back in the 70s. They've been in a box for over 15 years. I also have two original chrome caps with minor denting that came with the lugs. How much do you guys think this lot would be worth?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Lugs - I've seen guys try to sell them used in that & better condition for $5-8 ea., but $10 is pushing it cuz you can get nice chromed repros with proper acorn head & threadless lag like these, & you can still get them brand spanking new from Porsche for $21 ea. - $16+/- right now the the PCA 20% off until 3/31.

Caps - AA lists them as available, but those may be repro or NLA, since the dealers don't have then now, but there are a variety of aftermarket choices at the usual sources.

Check on TheSamba, PP, AA, etc. - & look at both repro new lugs' prices & look at the new plain billet or stamped caps out there new & crisp - & bet 50% or less than that for these, since they're not in great shape except for an average DD - same with the Lugs, which are okay but not great condition.

For me & many out there with nice 914s & nice wheels, they'd prefer to put on OE/NOS or nice aftermarket lugs & caps, whereas these appeal to the budget 914 DD crowd with alloy wheels.

All is IMHO, but hope it helps! biggrin.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(buhs914 @ Mar 29 2010, 11:28 PM) *

Ok so i have a full set of original alloy lugs in really good condition with no stripping whatsoever. I got them from a friend of mine who took them off his 914 he bought back in the 70s. They've been in a box for over 15 years. I also have two original chrome caps with minor denting that came with the lugs. How much do you guys think this lot would be worth?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Anyone would be happy to pay 5 bucks each for the bolts. You would probably have to throw in the caps for an extra ten for both as they are dented. The new aftermarket steel caps are quite nice.
buhs914
ok cool thanks guys. I'm trading my alloy lugs for a set of zinc plated steelie lugs.. I don't need the alloy lugs since i have steelies and don't plan on changing that =]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.