Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muffler?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdgray
Just about time to start working on the engine and all of those issues in my resto.

I took the old POS muffler off when I tore the back end apart. I am sure it was not a stock muffler and it was pretty loud, partially from being blown out I am sure.

So here is the question. I do not want a really loud muffler as this is a cruiser and the wife will drive it from time to time. So what should I get? Should I just go with stock and forget it or is there a muffler that is just a step up that will provide better performance but will not be a neighbor shaker? Just something with a little growl would be good

Thanks
JWest
Switch to 2.0L heat exchangers and use the factory 2.0 sausage muffler. Or you could use a Bursch which sounds similar to stock but is cheaper.
Bleyseng
or the Triad as its pretty quiet too but either the Bursch or Triad are louder than stock soo if you want quiet then its stock.
agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.