Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time to make a decision on rear brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rohar
I've set up the fronts with billet hubs and M calipers, but the rears were in tough shape and I'm not sure where to go. I'm running stock rear disks. I've got two sets of stock rears that need rebuilds (adjusters won't even turn). I've also got two sets of stock front calipers and a set of BMW calipers on hand all freshly rebuilt. I'm leaning toward strapping a set of stock fronts on the rear and get driving (no parking brake) while I rebuild a set of rears. Thoughts?
r_towle
http://www.pmbperformance.com
McMark
Whatever you do, make sure you have a functioning e-brake system.

I don't see any reason to go beyond stock brakes, unless you've got some monster motor (3.6, v8, suby turbo, etc).
rohar
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 30 2010, 04:59 PM) *

Whatever you do, make sure you have a functioning e-brake system.

I don't see any reason to go beyond stock brakes, unless you've got some monster motor (3.6, v8, suby turbo, etc).

Yeah, you and r_towle are probably right. I was planning on ending up with a pair of rebuilt stock rear calipers. It's just so nice outside and the urge to drive is somewhat overwhelming.

/monster motor is coming along, more details later wink.gif
ericread
I recently installed a set of "new" rebuilt rear calipers from Eric at PMB. Great price for a really quality product. And my emergency brakes work for the first time in three years (YAY!)

And when I didn't read the directions, he was very patient with me when he repeated the install instructions a couple of times. lol3.gif

Eric Read
RJMII
yeah, +1 on Eric being a good guy and helping people out with quality stuff.

I've seen his little production area; it is very well organized and great atmosphere for repeatability on high quality stuff.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.