Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What seal is this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
Through my searching, I've gotten a little conflicting info. I belive the yellow line is the windshield frame seal (914-563-039-10-OEM). It's a bit torn up on the drivers side.

1. Am I correct?
2. This is $280. I don't see Mikey selling it on ebay. Do I have any other options?
Sleepin
You are correct. Your best bet is to send Mark (Mikey914) a PM here on the board. His website (914rubber.com) needs some work, so don't buy anything directly off of there...for some reason it will charge you ridiculous shipping amounts.
jonferns
agree.gif

Mark has great rubber parts for our cars!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(patssle @ Mar 30 2010, 05:07 PM) *

Through my searching, I've gotten a little conflicting info. I belive the yellow line is the windshield frame seal (914-563-039-10-OEM). It's a bit torn up on the drivers side.

1. Am I correct?
2. This is $280. I don't see Mikey selling it on ebay. Do I have any other options?

yellow is upper mikey has a three piece to replace, we have factory, (and mikeys repro) red is a factory seal that we have, not popular enough yet for mikey or us to make a repro
patssle
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 30 2010, 04:21 PM) *

yellow is upper mikey has a three piece to replace, we have factory, (and mikeys repro) red is a factory seal that we have, not popular enough yet for mikey or us to make a repro

When saying it's a 3 piece, is that referencing to the 2 sides along the windows? Because I thought it's 1 big piece?

That's something that I keep reading and is confusing.
Rick L
You are correct. The original seal is all one piece. Mikey's repro is 3 pieces: top and 2 sides. I've heard good things about the repro.

If you get into a bind, I have an original, new in the bag. I'll sell it to you for what I paid for it.
patssle
QUOTE(Rick L @ Mar 30 2010, 04:57 PM) *

You are correct. The original seal is all one piece. Mikey's repro is 3 pieces: top and 2 sides. I've heard good things about the repro.

If you get into a bind, I have an original, new in the bag. I'll sell it to you for what I paid for it.

That would make sense. Thanks! No bind, I'm doing it for looks....rain doesn't touch the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.