Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sacramento, CA shops
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dirty Evo
any members can recommend good shops in Sacramento / roseville / Auburn / Grass Valley (CALIFORNIA) area to help maintain a 914? A modified 914-6 conversion, used for track , etc... so not a stock car? A shop that I could TRUST because i am not very mechanical, so I have to put a lot of faith in the shop that they know what they are doing and they are honest... they could be idiots and screwing me and I might not know it since I am pretty much a novice when it comes to actually working on a car and even more so with a 914....

any recomendations?

I don't own a 914 yet... but thinking of purchasing.
Porcharu
This member is close enough to use he is just a bit south of you. PM 'twinturbo914' and see what he says.
Personally I would learn how to wrench if I were you. Non stock is going to be difficult and do you really want some random person working on a car that could KILL you on the track - Oops I forgot to tighten that caliper when I did the brakes, sorry you killed the car and ended up in the ER.
ConeDodger
I recommend IPB Autosport at 12th and C street. Ron Kain is a 914 track guy himself and knows the car really well... Tell, him I sent you and he will charge you double lol-2.gif Not really...
PeeGreen 914
Oh yeah Steve, you have a good 914 guy in your area.... and Rob is around there too poke.gif

Hey Rob, if my car comes to your neck of the woods I may need to come visit aktion035.gif
jcd914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 30 2010, 06:34 PM) *

I recommend IPB Autosport at 12th and C street. Ron Kain is a 914 track guy himself and knows the car really well... Tell, him I sent you and he will charge you double lol-2.gif Not really...

I will second this recommendation. I have worked with Ron off and on for about the last 14 years.

We also have a good group of teeners local here that can lend a hand and advise as you need it.

Jim

ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 30 2010, 07:50 PM) *

Oh yeah Steve, you have a good 914 guy in your area.... and Rob is around there too poke.gif

Hey Rob, if my car comes to your neck of the woods I may need to come visit aktion035.gif

Jon,
Don't sell your car. You love it. The economy is rebounding in your area. You sell a couple houses and you made more than that ratty old six will get you anyway lol-2.gif

But don't worry. We can find you a bunk somewhere... biggrin.gif
Dirty Evo
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 30 2010, 08:50 PM) *

Hey jon, I think you ought to bring the car down to Thunderhill for en event. I will bring the cayman and E30 and we can just play musical cars... You will really enjoy it, I guarantee... and then when you get back in your car you will be like "ah, this is my favorite pair of shoes, so comfy and perfect"...

Besides being a wickedly fun day, it would probably sell me on the car (or at least help me decide)... and you could give me some pointers on things I might want to do to improve it for the track (i know you mostly autox).

I think you ought to do it!!
PeeGreen 914
I would love to smile.gif

If only I could take the time off to do so dry.gif

Or maybe you can come up here on an AX weekend and run my car at an AX beerchug.gif

I believe the next one is on April 17th driving.gif
Dirty Evo
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 30 2010, 10:27 PM) *

I would love to smile.gif

If only I could take the time off to do so dry.gif

Or maybe you can come up here on an AX weekend and run my car at an AX beerchug.gif

I believe the next one is on April 17th driving.gif

If you still have the car in MAY, i will take that offer. I have never AXed... so that could be interesting... after aout May 10, I have time....

We'll see.. I have a suspicion you car will be sold by then, but if not... I wish I could drive the cayman up just for fun to AX!
TwinTurbo914
QUOTE(Porcharu @ Mar 30 2010, 05:12 PM) *

This member is close enough to use he is just a bit south of you. PM 'twinturbo914' and see what he says.
Personally I would learn how to wrench if I were you. Non stock is going to be difficult and do you really want some random person working on a car that could KILL you on the track - Oops I forgot to tighten that caliper when I did the brakes, sorry you killed the car and ended up in the ER.

Hey thanks Steve for the recommendation. Dirty EVO If you have any questions feel free to contact me at 209-759-9662 or 209-772-9662, those are my two shop numbers, im usually at one or the other at any time.

-Donny
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Dirty Evo @ Mar 30 2010, 11:44 PM) *

If you still have the car in MAY, i will take that offer. I have never AXed... so that could be interesting... after aout May 10, I have time....

We'll see.. I have a suspicion you car will be sold by then, but if not... I wish I could drive the cayman up just for fun to AX!

Well, there is a strong chance I will still have the car as this is the only place I am listing it. I would preffer someone from here buy it and if not I will do what I can to just keep it. There are a few "interested" but as you know that doesn't always mean anything.

We have a three day weekend of May 29th, 30th, and 31st full of autocross aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.