Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Had some german piston sets offered to me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
So one of my friends in South Africa knows i like 914s and recently bought out a parts warehouse that had a fairly large stock of Euro and Dished 94mm P/C sets, along with some other hard parts. He asked me if i was interested in the type 4 stuff.

I'm wondering what german sets, 94 Euro's in particular, would need to be sold at to be attractive options over chinese cheapies or KB 96's.

I think the $1000 tag i've seen elsewhere is prohibitively high. KB's with 96's would normally cost me around $450 for pistons and honing.

gut feeling on a reasonable price?
sean_v8_914
I think they will sell, but slowly. I still have customers that ask about OEM 94s. the AA 96 flat tops run $270 a set.
sean_v8_914
most are in favor of the increase in displacement
tat2dphreak
most are in favor of the increase in displacement

agree.gif unless there's a reason you absolutely must have the 94s, most people will chose the 96s, and with a mild cam, they can keep the stock FI.

r_towle
Do you have them for sale?
I might go for it if the price is right and the pin placement is correct.

Rich
brer
They are in SA still. I'm waiting on an inventory sheet to see whats what and how much is available. If i buy and ship over here it would be a ways out still, so don't get excited or anything. First I have to decide if its worth the investment.
brer
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Mar 31 2010, 08:10 AM) *

I think they will sell, but slowly. I still have customers that ask about OEM 94s. the AA 96 flat tops run $270 a set.

how many sets can you flog in a year sean?
sean_v8_914
I sold about 12 sets of 96s last year
sean_v8_914
only 2 sets of euro 94s
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.