Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-May 2010 Excellence Mag
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lou W
Wow, Absolutley beautiful car. If you guys get a chance, check it out. 3.2 six, a lot of hand made parts. $70,000.00 budgeted ended up with $130,000.00 in receipts. Has anyone seen this car in person?

I was looking for some pictures to posts, maybe someone has some?

I want to find out the color, looks greenish blue...

smile.gif
JmuRiz
I read it, don't have any scans of the article though...some people are crazy, you can get a REAL 356 speedster for that money screwy.gif
Chris Pincetich
The photos from the test drive are about 10 minutes from my house, but I have not seen it....YET. Purdy car, nice touches, but not how I would spend all that $$$$ beerchug.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 31 2010, 11:04 AM) *

I read it, don't have any scans of the article though...some people are crazy, you can get a REAL 356 speedster for that money screwy.gif

Real speedsters (mint) are closer to 200k....its not like alot of them sell every year.
If you put a 3.2 into a real speedster you have a high likelyhood of getting shot...some of the religious faction might start a militia and hunt your ass down.

Building a 130k replica with a 3.2 for that kind of money....I want a client like that...alot of profit in that project.

Rich
Ferg
Neato car, really cool one off parts, thought he went a bit overboard with badges but just one man's opinion.

Has to be a real hoot to drive mad.

Ferg
EdwardBlume
What kind of modern turbo does $120k buy you... to each his / her own I guess..
tat2dphreak

the kind you see 10 of a day... wink.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 31 2010, 02:33 PM) *

Real speedsters (mint) are closer to 200k....its not like a lot of them sell every year.

Bah, maybe I just know people, I see one for sale in Chicago is asking $125k and it looks like a great driver, 1955. I also see a 99/100 show car that is asking 185 but that seems like a bit much.
If you want a hotrod, I also know of a 1960 roadster for sale with a RS-spec 2.7 in it biggrin.gif
I'd love to have a convertible D or roadster, but they are just too much for me...oh well...a solid coupe is good enough for me. If I want top-down driving, that's what the 914 is for.
Lou W
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Apr 1 2010, 06:22 AM) *

the kind you see 10 of a day... wink.gif

This car is truly unique smile.gif
tat2dphreak
exactly my point... I see 10+ 911s and other 100k+ cars daily driving around town... but this would stand out from them... case in point... seen at a starbucks just the other day...

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.