Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 Signal Orange parts car, repairable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
U N S E E N
Tony
El Paso, TX
915 256 0070

Up for sale is my 74 914, I recently put in a used motor due to the fact that the old motor was no good. I also had the car resprayed. It had already been repainted Signal Orange when I bought it however it needed to be cleaned up a lot so I did so. BRAND NEW rotors, pads, rebuilt calipers, rebuilt pedal assembly, and fresh tune. It has 1.8 type 4 with a single weber carb. NOT an SR20DET haha. CAR IS SOLID! This car is verrrrry straight, Hell holes look great, passed the hammer and punch test. I spent every last penny I had getting her too look how she did, the wreak was my fault and I only had liability so Im completely screwed. I dont have the money to fix it so Im forced to sell. Car starts and runs perfectly, there was no damage to the trans. Im asking 1500 FIRM!
www.unseenphoto.com

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

NEW PHOTOS OR DAMAGE AS ASKED FOR
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
U N S E E N
Up for new pics!
U N S E E N
car is currently getting all new pads and rotors, new pedal assembly and a fresh tune up.
U N S E E N
womp
U N S E E N
ttt
U N S E E N
ttt
sean_v8_914
please post or PM photos of right rear suspension pivot area, both inner and outer. a photo of teh right axle from about 2-3 ft back would be helpful also.
moralem
The car intrigues me, but what do you estimate it will take to repair the damage. It looks like the whole rear quarter panel would need to be cut out and replaced. But I am no body expert so anybody that has an idea on what it would take I would appreciate hearing from you. I am Texas, 500 miles away but still in Texas, which is what make this car attractive.
U N S E E N
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jul 5 2010, 09:42 AM) *

please post or PM photos of right rear suspension pivot area, both inner and outer. a photo of teh right axle from about 2-3 ft back would be helpful also.

Posted, thanks

QUOTE(moralem @ Jul 7 2010, 12:24 PM) *

The car intrigues me, but what do you estimate it will take to repair the damage. It looks like the whole rear quarter panel would need to be cut out and replaced. But I am no body expert so anybody that has an idea on what it would take I would appreciate hearing from you. I am Texas, 500 miles away but still in Texas, which is what make this car attractive.

To be honest I havent asked around. Im guessing about 3k. all its needs is the quarter panel and a new rear pass trailing arm. If only I knew how to tig weld and had the welder. If only sad.gif
moralem
Thanks for the estimate, I was kind of thinking that at a minimum, but who know. Thanks any way but I am out, your best bet might be in parting out the car. I may be wrong but finding a buyer at 2k no negotiating is going to be tough when you are looking at another 3k to just get it back on the street. You have some stiff competion out there for what a 5k can buy you without having been in an accident. Good luck man.
tat2dphreak
I'm not a body guy, and I could be wrong... but I know a few body guys here in Dallas. if you have a body shop fix that, it will cost you more than 3k... probably 5-6k+. it cost 3k to get a body shop to do a decent re-spray, which would have to be included in this rebuild to get the paint right... and that car probably has frame damage that the shop would have to be equipped for...

I'm not trying to be a downer, but I would not want someone to buy that thinking 3k would cover it... body shops are expensive to be done right.

if I'm wrong on the frame being out of alignment, one could probably do the paint and welding them self (if they have the know-how) for a couple thousand... if they are equipped and know what they are doing.
moralem
i have to agree with you whatever value the car had is pretty much gone. That is unfortunate for the owner. Someone who know body and fender and can weld will make out on this but any of us average guys would be at a loss.
U N S E E N
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 9 2010, 02:20 PM) *

I'm not a body guy, and I could be wrong... but I know a few body guys here in Dallas. if you have a body shop fix that, it will cost you more than 3k... probably 5-6k+. it cost 3k to get a body shop to do a decent re-spray, which would have to be included in this rebuild to get the paint right... and that car probably has frame damage that the shop would have to be equipped for...

I'm not trying to be a downer, but I would not want someone to buy that thinking 3k would cover it... body shops are expensive to be done right.

if I'm wrong on the frame being out of alignment, one could probably do the paint and welding them self (if they have the know-how) for a couple thousand... if they are equipped and know what they are doing.

Luckly the frame is straight, and the car was just repaint not but like 2 months or so ago. So piaint match would be no problem for anyone who knows a thing or two. I was quoted 2700 to cut out the quarter panel, put in a whole new one, and have it painted. This is the perfect car for someone who knows someone who has a body shop or owns one themselves. This whole car has been gone through. top to bottom. Price says firm I know the right buyer will come around
U N S E E N
Price drop. Someone please get this thing out of my garage. It just depresses me.
moralem
Many of us that have lost a car like this feel your pain. Someone will come along.
mepstein
Part it out.
914xprs
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 30 2010, 01:53 PM) *

Part it out.

PM sent and thank you for your voicemail.
i am sending my offer for the car. If there is no major rust on the car...hold tight as the asking price is more than fair. there are alot of us who do our work ourselves and since i have many 914 boddies and have a welding shop..this could be done...
U N S E E N
QUOTE(914xprs @ Jul 30 2010, 02:14 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 30 2010, 01:53 PM) *

Part it out.

PM sent and thank you for your voicemail.
i am sending my offer for the car. If there is no major rust on the car...hold tight as the asking price is more than fair. there are alot of us who do our work ourselves and since i have many 914 boddies and have a welding shop..this could be done...

Yea this car is rediculously rust free. Its been raining off and on everyday so I havent had a chance to pull it out and take the rocker panels off but I will soon enough
U N S E E N
still fs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.