Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Infection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
70_914
I have a 74 MY car with a nearly complete, very nice fuel injection system installed. I HATE stock parts on my performance engines, so out it comes. In my attempt to repurpose "junk" parts back into my project, I need to know what the heck it is so that I can sell it. How do I tell D jet from L jet?

The air cleaner is the metal, round oil bath style. I thought that was changed before 1974....

The car is not a 2.0- the intakes have 4 bolts.

What are the primary differences to look for? I am working on getting pictures together, so I need to know what parts to take close up pictures of.

Thanks!
ClayPerrine
With what you describe, it is a D-Jet from a 1.7L

TheCabinetmaker
Round, oil bath air cleaner is from a pre 73 1.7L. One pic could be worth a thousand words here.
SLITS
If the air cleaner was fitted on the engine ... it is a 1.7 DJet early. In '73 they went to a plastic one.

The LJet is really different. Air cleaner / air flow meter is mounted on the driver's side inner wheellhouse and is square.

Look at the injectors connections ... if the are a small white rectangular plug that pushes in and is held in place by a boot .... 1.7 DJet ... if the connectors are square with wire clips ....1.8 LJET

70_914
Here are the pictures that prove my 1974 car is equipped with a 1972-is D-jet 1.7. Great.... now I need 1.8 heads to build my 2056.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.