Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kicking myself
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gigamight
So I saw an ad on CL, guy said he had a 6000 mike car he wanted gone. Picture showed a front end wreck, lots of surface rust, figured the mileage was a typo.

nope....

Just called him, it really had 6000 miles. Wrecked in 74, stored ever since. Said the seats still had the original factory plastic covering them.

Problem is, I waited too long to call, interior is all gone along with almost everything else. Going to go and get the rest tonight or tomorrow, but I'm PO'ed at myself for not calling as soon as he posted.
tod914
Be interested in the passanger side engine tin if you can get it. Also the passanger side rear tail light housing. Thanks, Tod
PanelBilly
Will you be sharing parts with your friends?
EdwardBlume
Bummer. Good deals are getting tougher to find... but they're out there...
Gigamight
I will be sharing, .... of course!

Don't know what all is on it yet, won't get to go til tomorrow now, (GF is nagging me), but I have my hopes up. I have almost everything I need for my project now, so almost all of what I find on it will be up for grabs.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS call CL ads, even if they sound too good to be true. Lesson learned.

What do you guys think an engine that only has 6k miles on it, but hasn't been started since 74 would be like?
McMark
If you're getting the whole chassis, keep in mind that a car like that can tell us a lot. Make sure to bring it up in the Originality forum, please. smiley_notworthy.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Gigamight @ Mar 31 2010, 12:50 PM) *

So I saw an ad on CL, guy said he had a 6000 mike car he wanted gone. Picture showed a front end wreck, lots of surface rust, figured the mileage was a typo.

nope....

Just called him, it really had 6000 miles. Wrecked in 74, stored ever since. Said the seats still had the original factory plastic covering them.

Problem is, I waited too long to call, interior is all gone along with almost everything else. Going to go and get the rest tonight or tomorrow, but I'm PO'ed at myself for not calling as soon as he posted.

Is the car in Cincinnati? This sounds familiar...
Gigamight
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Mar 31 2010, 10:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Gigamight @ Mar 31 2010, 12:50 PM) *

nope....

Is the car in Cincinnati? This sounds familiar...

No, way north, close to wooster (akron area)
Gigamight
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 31 2010, 10:18 PM) *

If you're getting the whole chassis, keep in mind that a car like that can tell us a lot. Make sure to bring it up in the Originality forum, please. smiley_notworthy.gif

Will do
Gigamight
Well, I don't have pics yet, but I will have the car at my house sometime soon (hopefully Saturday). This will be my fourth in one year wacko.gif slap.gif WTF.gif

Strange looking it over... areas that would have been rusted or worn from use are not, but there is a lot of rust from the collision damage.

The front end collision was bad enough to tweak the car all the way to the firewall with transferred energy, and the ears were broken off of the tranny. The engine has been torn down already by the PO, looks good inside, but I'm not putting it back together.

I only want a few things off of the car, do I have any votes for selling this thing as a wrecked roller? Or should I cut the usable parts off and crush it? I see an almost pristine hellhole area, as well as suspension console. The rear trunk floor looks perfect (but it IS filled with spare parts). Good quarters, goodish doors, great top, bad bumper, bad hoods, shredded front end, tweaked floor, broken windshield and no interior pieces left.

I will be taking out the wiring, the battery support, and the rubber seals (surprisingly good shape).

I know you don't have any pics yet, but what would YOU do?

By the way, the VIN is 4722901087, and last titled mileage was 6,156.
Tom
Pm sent for rear sail trim.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.