Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First drive of the spring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
I know alot of you get to drive year round but mines been in storage for just about 4 months. Took it out today and worked out the cob webs and had some fun. Taking it to Chris for the transmission work soon.

I think my solstice corners fast but then getting in this it can corner a hell of alot faster. Faster then I am willing to I go, call me a chicken.

Well tonight I am gonna mess with the haltech because it runs to rich. Also got fresh sunvisors and mirrors to put in.

piratenanner.gif
JRust
Nice! Be a while before I get my spring ride. Always a good feeling to drive a 914 after a layoff driving.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Mar 31 2010, 06:28 PM) *

Also got fresh sunvisors and mirrors to put in.

Congrats! driving.gif biggrin.gif

Hey - where did you find the visors?? Were they new OEM, NOS, recovers or what?? confused24.gif

I need some too! dry.gif
rebelmdot
Congratulations man! I am hoping that this weekend will be my maiden 2010 voyage!
iamchappy
piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 31 2010, 05:34 PM) *

Hey - where did you find the visors?? Were they new OEM, NOS, recovers or what?? confused24.gif

I need some too! dry.gif

Hmm I believe I bought them from Jonathan at the VW shop. Off a parts car but in very good condition.

QUOTE(esses62 @ Mar 31 2010, 05:49 PM) *

The roads of NJ are no longer safe laugh.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Can't take pictures and drive. I am gonna get a couple of those GoPro Hd Cameras to mount on my car. I just want to get new gts seats first. Then I can record all my wreckless driving for the police.
jonferns
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Mar 31 2010, 09:08 PM) *

I need some too! dry.gif

Hmm I believe I bought them from Jonathan at the VW shop. Off a parts car but in very good condition.

Can't take pictures and drive. I am gonna get a couple of those GoPro Hd Cameras to mount on my car. I just want to get new gts seats first. Then I can record all my wreckless driving for the police.

Hey Nate, a friend and I are going for a cruise on Friday, just some farm roads, wanna come with?

And yes, you bought the visors from me.
bye1.gif
P.Rocket
Click to view attachment

My first drive of spring was back in Feb. The first week of the Winter Olympics up here. Beautiful weather that week and the car ran sweet.

turboman808
QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Mar 31 2010, 06:38 PM) *

Hey Nate, a friend and I are going for a cruise on Friday, just some farm roads, wanna come with?

And yes, you bought the visors from me.
bye1.gif

Thanks but I got to get this transmission sorted first. 1st and 2nd are not always there. Just means I got to keep it above 80 is all.

IPB Image
Tom_T
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Mar 31 2010, 07:08 PM) *

I need some too! dry.gif

Awh shucks, I was hoping you had a source for some nice NOS L & R ones with the mirror flap still intact at the right for my resto! sad.gif

As to the pix of your drive ~ agree.gif keep your hands on the wheel & mind on the road - let the passenger screw with the camera while you have fun! driving.gif biggrin.gif

These guys/gals on here should all know what it looks like behind the wheel ~ if not, get out & driving.gif driving-girl.gif dang it, weather be damned!!!! biggrin.gif
Tom_T

I think my solstice corners fast but then getting in this it can corner a hell of alot faster. Faster then I am willing to I go, call me a chicken.

... and BTW ~ a Slolstice!!!! ~ come on - while I love a classic Goat or F-bird for what they are/were, but a Solstice is nowhere close to the 914's!

... & don't be a foul buck-buck, just squeeze the gas a bit just before the apex & it'll tuck right in & be nice, tight & flat!! biggrin.gif

If a 914 feels awkward or out of balance in a turn, 9 times out of 10 it just needs a little tweak on the gas to tuck it in & flatten it out in the turns!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.