Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FI fuel pump storage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cevan
How is the best way to store a factory FI fuel pump? I'm moving over to a bigger carbed motor this year but I'm keeping the original 1.8 and all the FI. I filled it with treated gas and connected a short piece of fuel hose to each port.

Or am I better off selling it to someone to use now, and sourcing a pump in the future should I ever need to go back to the 1.8?
Cap'n Krusty
I think I'd fill it with something like Marvel Mystery Oil, or plain Kerosene .............

The Cap'n
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Cevan @ Apr 1 2010, 07:17 AM) *

How is the best way to store a factory FI fuel pump? I'm moving over to a bigger carbed motor this year but I'm keeping the original 1.8 and all the FI. I filled it with treated gas and connected a short piece of fuel hose to each port.

Or am I better off selling it to someone to use now, and sourcing a pump in the future should I ever need to go back to the 1.8?

Good question; I have a spare that has been stored dry for several years. Also, is there a preferred way to store injectors ?????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.