Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My First Solidworks Drawing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
I spent a bit of time going through the tutorials and talking to Hayden at WEVO, but here is a screenshot of my first drawing in Solidworks. I learned to use Autocad really well for a class about 7 years ago, a lot has changed since then. This is a bored out throttle body from a 2.4L Sunfire that I am going to use for my 2.4L turbo type-4 engine. This throttle plate will be using to mount the throttle body to the custom intake system.

Throttle Body:
IPB Image

Throttle Plate:
davep
Nice start. It is a good program. Too bad we don't use it much here anymore. I cannot justify getting the updates. Still, I am designing a few parts with it.

DaveP
jonwatts
Nice. That throttle body looks a lot cleaner than when I saw it at breakfast. What did you do to it? When will you have the plate done?
Dman
Britain, SW is a great program. I've been using it daily since 96'

It was pretty crude when it first came out. but you can do just about anything with it now.

Email me if you have any questions.

dj@designannex.com.
SpecialK
agree.gif

I've got SW 2003, Mechanical Desktop V6, Inventor V5 and plain old AutoCad 2002, and I think that Solidworks has the shortest learning curve by far.
Mueller
SW is or was way easier to learn and use than Pro/E...Pro/E has now gotten rid of the million menu commands and is much, much closer to SW.

I had a demo of SW and I really liked it, SW '04 would be my choice if I had to buy a CAD program all over again, it has more features that come standard...Pro/E is like Oracle...you get a base program and have to pay thru the nose for options and packages that you need/want ar15.gif

looks good Britian, save it as a STP file and I can import it right into BobCAD for the G-code
L8Apex
I have a full version of solidworks. I just started using it today! My cousin is a ME major at UC Davis. So he was able to get it for me.

Mike, still looking for your autodesk inventor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.