Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Things to do before I drive it home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Ok sittin ghere at lunch running it through the old brian bucket.

Anybody have something to add ?? Flying Saturday Driving it from Everret back to Mississippi on the 6th.

CHANGE OIL, ENGINE

CHANGE OIL, TRANSAXLE

ADJUST VALVES

CHANGE FUEL FILTER

DRAIN GAS

CHECK BRAKE PADS

CHECK WHEEL BEARINGS

CHECK CLUTCH FREE PLAY

CHECK CV JOINTS

CLEAN THROTTLE BODY

AIR FILTER CHECK / REPLACE

CHECK FUEL HOSES

CHECK VACCUUM LINES

CHECK IGNITION POINTS

CHECK CAP & ROTOR

CHECK FUEL INJECTION POINTS

CHECK PLUGS AND GAP

CHECK ALT BELT

INSTALL HEAD TEMP GAUGE

INSTALL OIL PRESSURE GAUGE

WIPER BLADES

CHECK ALL LIGHTS

CHECK ELECTRICAL GROUNDS

FIX DEFROST

CHECK THROTTLE CABLE

CHECK CLUTCH CABLE

CHECK WINDSHIED WASHER SYSTEM

CHECK SHIFT LINKAGE

CHANGE BRAKE FLUID

TAPE UP ENGINE TIN

TAPE UP FAN OUTLETS

CHANGE HEAD LITES H-4 euro 55/65

Stay tuned to this thread I will be posting lots of parts cheap. Just as soon As I get pics or better description. CHEAP especially if you pick up.
DNHunt
CHECK SPARE

CHECK JACK

CHECK JACK POINTS

REPLACE FUEL FILTER

Let us know when you get in. We were talking about your trip last Saturday at breakfast and sveral people were interested in giving you a hand.

Dave
tat2dphreak
Clutch cable, acc. cable - check and carry a spare, also bring a good jack, don't trust the stock one
Joe Ricard
Get together and probably could use a hand with the beer. Any of you have a preference? WHOO HOOO! beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif = mueba.gif and then barf.gif Finished off with MDB2.gif driving.gif

I will Pm my number to anyone that wants directions to Gold Bar Wa. about 45 minutes east of Everret. Bring a truck and carry stuff home. w00t.gif

About the only thing I didn't metion was a jack. Waiting till the last miute to pull jack out of 928. this goes under car into lift point donuts. Spare tire will be one of the Empis with Yoko 008. Fuel filter gotta wait till I see what is in there. Don't ya read good?? spank.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Joe, why don't you post your route? you may need a hand , a place to crash/party, or whatever. There are plenty here that will go out of the way.
watsonrx13
Good luck on the trip and keep us posted.

huh.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif smile.gif blink.gif wacko.gif unsure.gif laugh.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
Joe Ricard

Route will be weather dependent not to be a smart ass. but got no heat. headers.

Plan on blasting south through Seattle and heading I-5 /I-90 souththrough Oregon I-84 through Idaho, Utah,I-70 Colorado, I-25 New Mexico, I guess fot worth Texas and Louisiana, and home. Map blast gave me 7 sheets of directions.

Rain or snow, I'm going south on I-5 till I get to San Diego or LA then I-10 all the way.
Joe Ricard
So far I have Gint and Bleyseng, John Kelly, James Adams, David West.

OK ya'll pony up and get a chance to be a hero on the board by rescuing my dumb ass on the road. rolleyes.gif
boxstr
Joe I will keep the tow dolly at the ready at CAMP 914, located near Lake Oswego, Oregon, south of Portland about 10 miles, also just off the I5 freeway, easy on and off to have lunch or stop and say hello.
503-799-5794 that is the number if you need a hand or ?????
CCLINAAATOWINGCO
Joe Ricard
Boxstr Thanks I'll put you down for the 1st mile-stone. If'n it's gonna break I'm sure it will be early.

Buddy drove it from South of Seattle to Gold Bar in Pouring rain. No problems other than the defrost don't work. Oops should have told him.
Brad Roberts
Come through on HWY 5 and we can organize a dinner for you with the NorCal gang.

B
Gint
When are you leaving Joe?
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Mar 30 2004, 08:54 PM)
Come through on HWY 5 and we can organize a dinner for you with the NorCal gang.

B

Highly recommended, plus I think it brings good luck on the ride home. wink.gif
Joe Ricard
Dinner would be great. I plan on leaving on the 6th no later than the 7th am. I could drive to dinner then head home. Nothing like a full belly and happy memories to drive by.
Bleyseng
I can come up Sat and Sun to lend a hand and tools plus drive my truck. Its in Gold Bar! damn thats way the f out there! In the fall its nice but its darn near in the mountains for us city folk.
Let us know exactly where and what time so we can find this place.

Geoff wacko.gif
DNHunt
I'll try to get up either Sat or Sunday. However, it's kinda up in the air. I kinda blew my wad with the breakfast last Saturday and Portland AX Sunday. But, I sure had fun.

Give us some particulars on where in Gold Bar. There must be at least 2 streets about 4 blocks long. Pretty country though. I used to fish up there a lot before kids.

Dave
Joe Ricard
Yup Gold Bar is pretty far out. 4 blocks long and two of the streets are gravel. the one my buddy lives on is dirt.

Sunday is great for me. Don't think I can talk you in to the place yet.
I'll call you Saturday night for directions Hmm do I have your number? OR I CAN POST DIRECTIONS SATURDAY EVENING. HERE JUST INCASE ANYONE ELSE WANTS A GOOD LOOK AT THE MOUNTAINS. Sun comes up early this time of year and I will be up before that.
Flight arrives in Seattle late afternoon.
Joe Ricard
thats late afternoon on Saturday
Gint
Perfect. I'll be back home from L.A. on Monday evening the 5th.

Joe, Call me at 720-480-2540 (cell) when you leave on the 6th and I can give you a recent I70 weather/conditions report. I wouldn't mind meeting up with you regardless Senior Chief. wink.gif
914werke
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Mar 30 2004, 07:09 PM)

Route will be weather dependent not to be a smart ass. but got no heat. headers.

Plan on blasting south through Seattle and heading I-5 /I-90 souththrough Oregon I-84 through Idaho, Utah,I-70 Colorado, I-25 New Mexico, I guess fot worth Texas and Louisiana, and home. Map blast gave me 7 sheets of directions.

Rain or snow, I'm going south on I-5 till I get to San Diego or LA then I-10 all the way.

Well Ill chime in though Im hesitant to give up my first weekend in a long while that I havent benn on trains planes or automobiles for Business.

Do you want heat? I have a set of OE 2.0 exchangers, perhaps a trade.

Gold Bar isnt that far our...from me, since Im almost in Everett anyway.
Bleyseng
Got someone to pick you up at the airport? I can do that but no way will I drive you out to Gold Bar on Sat. I can get you partway.

Should be easy to find the house in Gold Bar as there is nothing there! Just look down the two streets and look for a 914. Remember that Gold Bar is just beyond Startup.....another thriving metropolis of 10 people.

What tools should we bring that you won't have??

Geoff confused24.gif
Bleyseng
heres a Map
rhodyguy
joe, coming from the temperate gulf you had better bring some warm clothes!headers no heat w00t.gif w00t.gif . since he's arriving sat, it would appear sunday would be the day to go up. i'll bring the big hex driver for the tranny. gold bar used to be one of those "there's no stop light but you gotta slow down towns". you have to budget those "914 days away from the family" tokens dave.

kevin
Joe Ricard
The directions for those interested.
Highway 2 east

Once you get to Gold Bar make a right on Dorman Road (This road is right
next to the electronic marque that says "pass open" for Stevens Pass, and
the first right after the mountain view diner/family grocer.

Go over the railroad tracks and follow the paved road (it makes a left turn
around the farm).

Make a right on "Private Road" 169th street. (dirt road)

Follow the road (it also makes a sharp left turn)

Big Blue house with white trim on left side of road (40623 169th street).

Sent myself a 25 lb package of tools and stuff it is there now. Also going to bring some big stuff that wouldn't fit in the box. No suit case rather a Para-bag you can suff these things to the gills and as long as you can carry it, well ya gotta carry it.

Ya temperate Gulf coast. Rode my bike yesterday to work and then went swimming to cool off. finger.gif

Don't think I will need the heat exchangers but thanks. I hope. Best buddies wife will pick me up at air port. Thanks anyway. Plus she goes all the way. Shut up! Got a Elk and steel head dinner waiting Saturday night. clap56.gif

Hope to see several of you there. no requests for beer brand so I will get what I like. beer.gif
rhodyguy
you do have to clear a 5000' pass way down south in oregon. then the seirras and the rockys. at least bring warm gloves.

kevin
Joe Ricard
Nah I'll be alright. Tough as nails, Dumb as dirt. driving.gif

Just wondering how you find a concrete slab in the middle of Nowhere to change a clutch disk. Shit like that seriously scares me. If this was my car. ie. 928 which I have owned for 13 yrs I would fill it with gas and change the oil put the hammer down. Hence the extensive list of to do things and a few blasts around town shake it down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.