Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS - RARE Euro Style driving lights.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
GaroldShaffer
Selling pair of rare euro style driving lights. These were not available in the US if you wanted them they had to be special ordered. I have only seen one other pair of these in my 15 yrs with 914.

Price is firm at $400 plus shipping. These are in great condtion with one having a little yellow overspray on the back housing. The last picture shows the difference between a standard style round foglight and the Euro style.

SOLD SOLD SOLD
I have a euro car.. took the lights off. Now I know the diff and asking price for them. Thanks and good luck with the sale

free bump
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif
Mikey914
Bump with question.
Are the optics better? I can see there are some differences, but I'm curious if you could elaborate.
GaroldShaffer
My Understanding is they are brighter than stock. Now are they are bright as the modern pilot driving lights I'm not sure. I will see if I can do some side by side testing and post here.
campbellcj
I have some of these too smile.gif

FWIW, driving lamps are designed to project a beam far down the road. Fog lamps (including the stock US 914 spec lamps) are designed to disperse a wide, low swath of light on the ground shortly in front of the car.
horizontally-opposed
I've got a set of them, as well, and just restored them. wub.gif

I can agree with Garold — they are indeed brighter than the U.S. foglights. A LOT brighter. Garold, have you found a source for spare lenses? I want to keep using them for a long time to come...

Best,

pete
campbellcj
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 13 2010, 10:29 AM) *

I've got a set of them, as well, and just restored them. wub.gif

I can agree with Garold — they are indeed brighter than the U.S. foglights. A LOT brighter. Garold, have you found a source for spare lenses? I want to keep using them for a long time to come...

Best,

pete

I've seen spare lenses come up on ebay and local swap meets from time to time, but not lately. I have a few spare bits for mine squirreled away. AFAIK these are the same lamps as used on the "thru the grille" early 911 setup except the housings are black vs. chrome. I'm still kicking myself for selling the NOS chrome Hella 118's I had years ago...

Cheers,
914ltd
Garold, these are Halogen H1 units. They are a true 914 factory option available in non-US markets. Rare and a very nice addition to an original 914. Brad Mayeur
GaroldShaffer
Sale pending SOLD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.