Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: headlight weirdness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
luvatenor
I am sure that it must be a quick fix so I thought I would ask the experts. When I pull out the headlight switch, they retract and the lights go on. When I push the switch in, the pop up with no lights. Anyone have a suggestion- thanks
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(luvatenor @ Apr 2 2010, 03:34 AM) *

I am sure that it must be a quick fix so I thought I would ask the experts. When I pull out the headlight switch, they retract and the lights go on. When I push the switch in, the pop up with no lights. Anyone have a suggestion- thanks

I would suggest that the headlight motor three wire plug in is reversed.
luvatenor
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 2 2010, 05:53 AM) *

QUOTE(luvatenor @ Apr 2 2010, 03:34 AM) *

I would suggest that the headlight motor three wire plug in is reversed.

hmmm- I don't see a plug but rather a 3 wire junction type connector(3 in- 3 out)-Is this what you mean? Is there a diagram showing which colored wires are paired?- as always- thank you-Rolf
jt914-6
Headlight motor has a red, green and grey wires to it. The must match the same color wire on the harness. The wires on the harness are paired on the left side and single on the right. Of course, brown is ground.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.