Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS / 1974 2.0L Toronto
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
*kennyd*914
Hello all:

It seems appropriate to post this on Easter weekend.

The time has come for me to reduce my car count, it has been brought to my attention that 2 is company and 3 is a crowd when it comes to cars (I’m not quoting directly, but close).

Anyway, I have an exceptionally nice, well maintained 1974 2.0L. I have replaced pretty much everything that is to be expected including brakes, clutch, engine (as the 1.8L was getting a bit tired). I have spared no expense on maintaining her, as I’m sure Mike Galloway of Mike’s 914 will confirm.

I’m looking for $13K.

Let me know if you are interested in seeing additional photo’s.

Thanks,

Ken
*kennyd*914
Everyone seems so quiet... is it the color. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Ken
dakotaewing
Kenny -
Are you looking for $13K US or Can?
Most of your buyers will be in the US -
Just a thought...
wobbletop
US$ pretty much equal to CAN$ these days. biggrin.gif
*kennyd*914
If someone would like to pay in CDN dollars, I'm fine with that. If they prefer to make the purchase in green backs, I'm ok with that too.

I'm not too picky as I deal in both currencies.

ken
*kennyd*914
It seems that my price had prevented the demand for the vehicle that I had anticipated. I would be willing to listen to offers, provided that they are realistic. I'm a nice guy, but lets be somewhat serious.

Thanks,

Ken
*kennyd*914
Hello everyone,

I would really like to see this car sell, I would be agreeable to sell for $11K. Does this price make it more appealing?

Please let me know, my wife and I have just acquired a new place and we need to sell off a few toys to make room.

Thanks,

Ken
swl
Nice looking car Ken. I'm not in the market but since you asked :-)

The market is a little dead right now so it going to be difficult to move a premium priced teener. Without knowing the state of rust on the machine it is difficult to offer an opinion on the price. Some pictures of the engine bay, hell hole, underside ... will help dispell the fear that it is a typical northeastern rust bucket.

Consider this. Mike Galloway has (had?) a totally solid LE creamsicle that he was offering for $12K unassembled but complete. That is admittedly premium price but it is an indication (been on the market for a very long time). Your car needs to be really solid and complete to command $11K. Having said that, if it is a prime sample I hope it does sell in that range. You will just need to be patient.

Another Kingstion guy (longarm) sold a 73 2.0 with original paint, really strong motor, and near perfect interior. I don't know what he got for it but I think he was asking $8K This was before the crash.

As to colour? everyone has there own tastes. That blue is not at the top of the list of my favorites at the moment. Funny thing how taste in colour is cyclic. In this mornings Wheels section of the Star there is a Ford Fiesta in really nice looking bright green. I was attracted to it then realized it was almost identical to Ravena Green - the original colour of my car. Back in the day I disliked that colour so much I had the car repainted.

I don't think the colour will prevent a sale if the car is good enough.

Prospective buyers: Mike Galloway is probably the best 914 professional restorer in southern Ontario. If you contact him and he gives the car a good review you can trust his opinion.
*kennyd*914
Bump...

Hi Everyone, the car has made it's way to Mike's 914. Let me know if you are interested in more details, or you could contact him as well.

Ken
*kennyd*914
Bump

I'm still looking for a new home out there.

Thanks,

Ken
icer9
Hey Ken,
I'm a new member to this site and have been looking for a 73 or 74. Seems like there was not enough info on the car to make a purchase. The color, abesence of console also contribute.
The price may be high although not sure state of the car. I looked at Craig's marathon blue 2.0 and he is looking for 7500.00. I've spoken to a few members and Craig's operation is very reputable, so, given this, 13k, followed by 11k may still be high.
Just my two cents worth as a new member looking.....I welcome any comments.
...Bobby
*kennyd*914
There are more photo's being made available throught Mike's914s (www.mikes914s.com). I have also lowered the price to $10,500. I will have additional photo's posted.

Have a good weekend everyone,

Ken
*kennyd*914
Bump with **Bonus**

Hello everyone, I would like to offer an incentive to all to assist with the sale of my car. If you have a hand in selling my car, I will offer you my metric speedometer.
I will post the picture of it tonight, but this is a $400.00 incentice to you!! If you happen to buy the car, I will also include this mint condition, low Km's speedometer.

How is that to start your week!
The price again is $10,500.

Have a great day....

Ken
Barry Brisco
Hi Ken,

There are two small photos of your car at www.mikes914.com. There are two additional links to photos but the links are broken.

So there are very few photos of your car available, though 3 weeks ago you said more photos would be posted.

My suggestion is for you to take several dozen large, high quality close up images of your car showing all the usual areas that prospective 914 buyers have questions about: front and rear trunk floors with pads and carpets remove to show the actual floor, engine from above and below, battery tray, hell holes, underbody, front and rear bumpers, fenders, doors, roof, and all aspects of the interior.

It looks like you have a nice car but you're not showing much of it. Taking digital photos costs you nothing but your time and there is no limit to how many photos you can post in your ad. Lots of photos will help you sell your car.

You could also take the time to provide a much more detailed description of the car. Is there anything on the car that does not work properly? Lights, instruments, controls, heat, fan, seat adjustments, hood hinges, etc.

What is the history of the car that you know from previous owners? How long have you owned it? What are the dates of the various repairs you have had done?

Questions:

You advertise the car as a "1974 2.0L" but your ad says you replaced a 1.8 engine with a 2.0, and there is no rear script on the car stating the engine size. Was the car built as 1.8? And why no rear engine size script?

Also, if the car is a '74 it should have the front and rear bumperettes but I don't see them in the photos. Were they removed? Are the bumpers on the car from an earlier model year?

Is the paint the original color? Has the car been repainted? If so, when? What is the paint code number on the driver side plaque visible when the door is open?

Providing lots of detailed information and photos will help sell your car.

Good luck with your sale.

Best regards,

Barry

QUOTE(*kennyd*914 @ Sep 17 2010, 02:10 PM) *

There are more photo's being made available throught Mike's914s (www.mikes914s.com). I have also lowered the price to $10,500. I will have additional photo's posted.

*kennyd*914
Hi Barry:

Thanks for the suggestions, I have the car back this weekend and I will be sure to take your advise, lot's of photo's for Monday.... I will also provide the full history as it evolved.
Ken
glenn680
is this still for sale? is it still around?

let me know please

looking for a 914

cheers Glenn

glenn680@hotmail.com

QUOTE(*kennyd*914 @ Oct 9 2010, 04:52 AM) *

Hi Barry:

Thanks for the suggestions, I have the car back this weekend and I will be sure to take your advise, lot's of photo's for Monday.... I will also provide the full history as it evolved.
Ken

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.