Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: electrical issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biker bob
I have a 72 that I'm restoring. When I turn the ignition switch to the on position the brake warning light flashes along with the generator light. The gen light dims when the brake light flashs but does not go out. When the engine is startred all lights go out. I have cleaned the fuse block and all fuses. Replaced the voltage regulator and master cylinder. The second problem I have is the new battery discharges to the point it will not start the car when the car sits for three days. Any help or suggestions would be appreicated. Bob
Sleepin
Bob, the generator light flashes with the brake light?

Does the brake light flash when the emergency brake is not set?

Oh, and welcome.png
rick 918-S
welcome.png Check to see that a P.O. didn't add some gauge or stereo that is hard wired in someplace causing the battery to drain. This could also be part of the reason your getting some feed back throught the electrical. Check to see you don't have some after market reply in the system that is stuck. I hate electrical gremlins! dry.gif
rick 918-S
Oh! and thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(biker bob @ Apr 2 2010, 08:00 AM) *

I have a 72 that I'm restoring. When I turn the ignition switch to the on position the brake warning light flashes along with the generator light. The gen light dims when the brake light flashs but does not go out. When the engine is startred all lights go out. I have cleaned the fuse block and all fuses. Replaced the voltage regulator and master cylinder. The second problem I have is the new battery discharges to the point it will not start the car when the car sits for three days. Any help or suggestions would be appreicated. Bob

I would replace the turn signal relay for the h*ll of it and then check the alternator for a power bleed. You may have a bad diode
biker bob
It appears the gen light is on continusly it dims when the brake light flashes. The brake light flashes with or without the emergency brake on. Thanks Bob
quote name='Sleepin' date='Apr 2 2010, 09:06 AM' post='1296154']
Bob, the generator light flashes with the brake light?

Does the brake light flash when the emergency brake is not set?

Oh, and welcome.png
[/quote]
biker bob
I do not have an extra turn signal relay to try however the turn signals work correctly. The alternator is new Bosch. Thanks Bob

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com) *

QUOTE(biker bob @ Apr 2 2010, 08:00 AM) *

I would replace the turn signal relay for the h*ll of it and then check the alternator for a power bleed. You may have a bad diode

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.