Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need New Tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jd74914
I need some new tires for my P-cars. More specifically the 911.

What kind of tires should I get for hard street driving (only during the summer).

The recomendation seems to be with Kumho ECSTA KH11's (at TireRack), has anyone used them?

Any other selections? Thanks
ArtechnikA
what diameter ?

i've got Yoko ES-100's on my '71 E Targa and like them. 16"
215-40 front and 245-40 rear, i think.

mine has 9" flares and 8" wheels in back, if yours is still stock-bodied those rears won't fit - but i still like the tires anyway - reasonably priced and quick service from TireRack from their DE warehouse.

they stick as hard as i care to push on the street ...
jd74914
Ooops, forgot to put down the size.

15" diameter 205/65 on the front and 215/65 on the back
MattR
Falkin makes Azenis tyres that are REALLY good. Lots and lots of grip. Unfortunatly they come in select sizes. Their only 15" tyre is a 205 50, so your outside diameter will be off and your car lowered. I dont know if you want to compromise your speedometer and change your acceleration/top speed, but they are really good tyres.

www.vulcantire.com has good prices if you decide to go with them, but the 15s are backordered until mid april.
STL914
James,

I recently bought a set of 205/60HR15 Kumho Ecsta HP4 716s for my 72 914. After comparing several brands of compereble tires at Tire Racks web site, these seemed to be the best buy for the $$. Cost was $41 per tire, plus shipping.

The Kumhos ranked somewhere in the top 5 out of 15 different tires. They actually out perform higher cost Michlens, Yokos and others. driving.gif
airsix
Wow. Diagnosis without an examination.

Nobody has asked any questions like:

How many miles do you want to get out of these tires?
What is most important? Grip? Ride quality? Noise level? Wear?
Give us a mileage target and that will narrow it down quite a bit.
The answers will be different if you want at least 40,000 miles vs. 25,000 miles vs. 8,000 miles.

-Ben M.
Andyrew
I have kumo ecasta 711's. So far I havent had any problems with them. I havent gotten to the limits of my tires yet.. (mainly because I havent tried..) They seem to be fine for street, and have given me good grip so far. (225/50/16's)

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.